The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability is a not for profit medical charity, a hospital and home, based in Putney, South West London. We provide both short and long-term specialist services (assessment, rehabilitation, and disability management) for adults with profound or complex disabilities resulting from damage to the brain or nervous system. Through these services, we seek to enable people with profound neuro-disability to enjoy an optimal quality of life.
The Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability was awarded a “Good” rating by the CQC in September 2017; the report noted many areas of excellence in care, responsiveness, management and leadership.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, well-organised and professional fundraiser with experience of challenge events and community fundraising. The right candidate will build strong relationships with event partners and supporters to maximise income and surpass income and participant targets. This will include community fundraising, providing stewardship for challenge event participants, supporting volunteers to organise their own fundraising events and third party events.
With a self-motivated and pro-active approach you will work as part of a small and ambitious team, with responsibility for promoting and delivering community fundraising initiatives and challenge events.
Main objectives of role:
- Proven experience of organising high profile events in the charity sector
- Able to work well as part of a team, as well as be self-motivated Exceptional time management and prioritisation skill
- Excellent networking, relationship & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to supporting event participants
- Computer literate, using MS Office Windows, Raisers Edge, databases, design software
- Confident in talking to groups and attending events, speaking about the charity
- Comfortable in an environment interacting with profoundly disabled patients
- Confidence in writing marketing and promotional copy
- Educated to degree level
- Free on-site parking
- Generous staff pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
- Option to join a health insurance scheme administered by HSF at preferential rates.
- DSE/eyesight tests and cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great work-life balance
- Subsidised canteen and Costa Cafe
- Virgin Health Discounts and onsite Yoga
To explore this position further and to apply, please find the job description attached
Submission of CVs are acceptable, please ensure you email your cover letter with this.