We're looking for an enthusiastic Database Officer with excellent organisational skills who is looking to take the next step in their data career. As part of the Data and Fundraising Operations Team this role would ideally suit someone already working in Raisers Edge but who’d like to broaden their skills and experience.
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (RMCC) raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre. Together with the hospital we ensure our nurses, doctors and research teams can provide the very best care and develop life-saving treatments, which are used across the UK and around the world. From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, RMCC funds the development of new ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. Our recent emergency appeal raised over £2m to support hospital staff and patients through the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience working with Raisers Edge within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In this role you will work with the team to problem solve, answer requests, train, and generally support colleagues across fundraising with their use of the database.
Main responsibilities include:
Database administration and support
- Advise and set up coding, structures and processes to reflect the database needs of Fundraising and Finance
- Carry out recoding and global changes to the database
- Set up new users and maintain security groups
- Work with the team to develop and maintain procedural documentation
- Provide user training
Managing Imports and Data Quality
- Design and implement import routines with new data suppliers
- Work with colleagues in the Finance Team to reconcile income
- Set up and run database housekeeping procedures
Data Outputs & Reporting
- Provide reporting and expertise to support the analysis of the campaigns using Raisers Edge, Faststats and Excel
- Develop simple data outputs and complex reports using “query” and “export” for fundraisers as required
- Develop and support use of dashboards for reporting
The essential criteria for this role are:
- Experience of Raisers Edge for database administration
- Experience of Raisers Edge Query, Mailing and Export for handling complex data requests
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong team working and stakeholder support skills
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly and independently
Key Terms and Benefits
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (We are currently working one day a week in the office. We are reviewing ongoing hybrid working arrangements)
- Pension: matched employer contribution of 4%
- Holiday entitlement: 27 days leave (plus bank holidays)
- Probationary period: 6 months.
To apply, please send us your CV with a covering letter summarising any relevant experience and why you are interested in working for us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.