More than three million people in the UK are estimated to have osteoporosis. The impact on their lives is huge. It has been calculated that every minute, someone in the UK suffers a broken bone through a fragility fracture. As the only UK charity dedicated to ending the pain and suffering caused by osteoporosis, the Royal Osteoporosis Society has been making a real difference to people living with osteoporosis for more than 30 years. We help the nation look after its bones and appreciate the importance of bone health for everybody. For those who develop osteoporosis, we are here to help them live well. With our recently acquired Royal title and new strategy, we want to deliver a step change in our reach across the country.
In common with other charities, the impact of the Covid-19 downturn has been challenging. However, we have taken swift action to address the current challenges and are confident that the charity now has the resilience and resources necessary to grow and develop through any future uncertainty. This has included successfully bidding for Government investment in our services, while widening our reach into new funding partnerships.
In new role of Head of Supporter Engagement, you will report to the Director of Development as part of the charity’s Leadership Team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, inspiring, and managing the Membership & Supporter Engagement team
- Bringing a strategic and holistic approach to how we engage with our members, volunteers, and wider supporters, ensuring they enjoy an excellent experience and are inspired to develop and diversify their support for the charity
- Planning and delivering fundraising activity across Individual Giving, Legacies, Trust, Community and Events income streams, working alongside the Head of Corporate & Partnerships to ensure a joined-up approach to fundraising
- Identifying and developing potential new fundraising and income streams for the charity
- Taking responsibility for our Membership income, working with expert colleagues across the charity to ensure that we provide a compelling proposition to potential members
- Deputising for the Director of Development when required
To succeed, you will need a strong background in fundraising, particularly individual and community-based giving. You will be an effective champion for the difference we can make to people’s lives, inspiring your team and our supporters. Innovative and progressive, you will modernise the ways we engage with supporters, working across the charity to understand our different audiences and bringing a strategic approach to how we can encourage their journey to supporting us.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting new chapter at the Royal Osteoporosis Society, under a new leadership team, as we emerge from a period of restructuring and seek to scale up our impact nationally. If you want a role with strategic oversight of all supporter engagement and a brief to modernise, innovate, transform, and make an impact, this is the post for you.
Our offices are currently based outside Bath, but we may seek to move to a more central position in Bristol or Bath over the next 12-24 months. We have a very flexible approach and this post can be based remotely although we would expect a weekly visit to the office in normal circumstances.
For a recruitment pack with further information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Recruitment. The Closing Date will be 11pm on Tuesday 1st September.