Are you a talented and driven individual to lead our digital engagement work and to develop and implement digital marketing plans across different channels? You will lead digital marketing strategy for fundraising, services and awareness raising campaigns. You will also help align digital channels across the user journey and ensure that campaigns run support wider marketing objectives.
You will have strong digital skills and substantial experience in digital marketing to increase the reach, profile and impact of the charity, with an emphasis on analytics and data insight in previous roles. You need to have ambition, energy and clear strategic thinking, in order to move us forward on our digital journey. You should also demonstrate commitment to improving the lives of visually impaired children and their families.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, explaining how your skills match the job description by Thursday 1st August. A full job description can be found at our website.
The Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and 2 satisfactory professional references.
Digital marketing lead for RSBC, supporting the organisation to devise and deliver audience-focused digital marketing campaigns and activity which deliver against strategic objectives and KPIs.
Responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing plans across different channels and website landing pages, lead digital marketing strategy for fundraising, services and awareness raising campaigns and help align digital channels across the user journey and ensure that campaigns are run to support wider marketing objectives.
Key Tasks and Main Duties
• embedding a joined-up digital marketing function within the charity, which is effective and impact focused, creating an integrated customer journey for our audiences, which breaks down siloed audience management practices.
• developing a digital marketing strategy with defined channel strategies allowing us to optimise marketing spend.
• develop end-to-end digital campaigns across multiple channels, and maximising marketing performance.
• Working with teams across the organisation to enable and deliver bespoke and integrated digital marketing campaigns and support.
• lead on innovation brining ideas to life digitally and delivering impactful change including; improved user journeys, identifying new revenue streams, exploring emerging technologies, developing new products, techniques and opportunities to reach the charities goals.
• lead on digital advice content development (inclusive of key word development), working closely with services to ensure a user - centred approach.
• develop digital strategies using multivariant testing to drive conversion and KPI’s.
• plan and manage a regular schedule of email marketing activities.
• oversight of all digital fundraising and services marketing activity, focusing on the promotion of challenge events, Individual Giving and awareness raising campaigns, as well as beneficiary engagement.
• optimise the supporter journey across the digital environments, liaising with other teams and relevant offline activities to ensure appropriate digital communication routes for the right audience.
• Lead and maximise SEO, paid social activity and AdWords management.
• Lead on data analysis, reporting and dashboard delivery for all the above.
• Create digital content (inclusive of video editing) for a variety of audiences, including the use of a range of digital software for message testing.
• Drive continuous improvement on digital platforms and keep the charity at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
• Work with the marketing and communications manager to develop the UX, design, content and conversion of the websites and to drive online traffic and campaign engagement.
• Act as the guardian of digital engagement to drive consistency and high-quality digital experience across the charity. Ensure digital content best practices for SEO, paid media, conversion optimization, tagging and analytics are followed.
• Ensure that equality and diversity is embedded in all activities
• Motivate and develop key staff in relevant digital skills – through training and activities such as Lunch & Learns, top tips and guidelines.
• Significant experience in digital marketing and/or communications, ideally covering both fundraising and service user engagement.
• Proven experience in project planning, management and delivery
• Experience of planning, managing and reporting on digital paid-for campaigns
• Experience of leading digital campaigns across multiple digital platforms
• Experience creating effective engagement journeys for supporters/customers.
• Competent use of database/CRM systems.
• High level of competence with analytical tools across web and social media
• Strong presentational skills (verbal and written)
• Adept at planning and prioritising a high workload and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Expertise across social media platforms
• Ability to think strategically and plan, whilst also being flexible and reacting swiftly to changing needs and demanding situations.
• Effective interpersonal skills – able to engage and build relationships both internal and external to the organisation.
• Highly developed written and presentation skills.
• Strong operational and project management skills.
• Knowledge of web platform management
• Good working knowledge of CMS (in particular Drupul)
• Knowledge of mail and CRM systems such as ThankQ
• Experience working within a fundraising environment
Salary: £26,400 per annum
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.