The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, we are a health education charity with more than 6,500 members, all of who work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our operational activities include qualifications, e-learning, publishing, accreditation and programmes.
Our dynamic and award winning External Affairs and Marketing department, established in 2014, is responsible for developing the organisation’s voice on public health issues. Our work encompasses a huge breadth of topical and often controversial areas – from drug policy reform and measures to tackle record levels of childhood obesity, to exploring the impact of social media on mental health and wellbeing, to name but a few. We work in partnership with a diverse range of organisations from universities, industry, think tanks and the public sector.
We are now looking for a Marketing Assistant to support our work particularly around our website, marketing campaigns and refreshing our marketing collateral. You will have first-rate written skills, be diligent, very much a team player, deadline driven and focused on achieving results.
Purpose of post:
To help drive forward RSPH marketing activities, including supporting the Senior Marketing Executive on a range of marketing campaigns, and updating and developing our website.
Senior Marketing Executive
- Work with Senior Marketing Executive and departments across RSPH to ensure website remains a “go-to” for public health news, campaigns and activities;
- Update website content on a daily basis, undertake regular website hygiene, add external events to the website, and update all interactive maps on the website;
- Update marketing lists on CRM and Dotdigital ensuring we are compliant with GDPR;
- Manage membership discount codes including creation and reporting;
- Manage our news, blogs and development of blogs;
- Support activities to drive traffic to RSPH website, including PPC and Google Adwords;
- Support the delivery of RSPH social media strategy.
- Support the Senior Marketing Executive to drive forward operational marketing activities, including campaigns to support qualifications, e-learning and membership;
- Undertake market research, analytics and evaluation to help inform the development of marketing plans;
- Write copy for a range of different promotional materials, including brochures, leaflets and flyers;
- Provide fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of mailers, website content, and other promotional materials;
- Organise and plan the production of all major marketing materials by working closely with suppliers and other involved parties;
- Help to develop promotional events to support marketing activities;
- Opportunities to undertake graphic design and video production work (with support of Production Exec).
We’re looking for someone who is both proactive and personable – a good team player who remains calm under pressure. You will possess first rate written and communication skills and will be comfortable writing for a range of different audiences.
- PPC and GoogleAdwords
- Excellent written skills
- Confident self-starter, ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Proof reading
- Attention to detail
- Social media
- Knowledge of CMS e.g. Preside, WordPress
- Knowledge of CRM
- Experience of, or confidence in dealing with a broad range of stakeholders
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be interested in working for RSPH and what experience you feel you can bring to the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.