RSPH is the world’s oldest public health organisation, with 170 years of history and a Royal Charter. We are currently developing our strategy and are at the beginning of a change process.
Our income is generated across a number of income streams including:
- Qualifications – we are an awarding body, working with over 600 Centres across the UK
- Our membership – over 6,000 members, with a quarter based outside the UK
- Our education products including journals, digital learning , conferences
- Corporate memberships
- Commissioned programmes in public health
Some of these income streams work across multiple markets, both B2B and B2C. A number of these markets are challenging, both in the context of the pandemic and over the longer term.
You can find more details in our Annual Report
Job Purpose: To build and lead our marketing function
To do so, key activities will be:
- Develop and lead the marketing function for RSPH, working with the Commercial Director to drive growth in profitability that supports the impact we seek.
- Drive the development and implementation of the marketing communications strategy that supports the Business Plan (developed by the Commercial Director).
- Lead the marketing communications, developing our brand messaging, manage our social media, advertising and SEO, driving our outbound campaigns. Testing, measuring and analysing will allow you to develop insight into what works and what doesn’t for RSPH.
- Spearhead the development of our website, driven by customer and stakeholder need. This will involve working across the organisation and, in particular, with the IT Manager and relevant suppliers.
- Support the development of our market, competitor, customer and business insight.
- Coach and develop one or two new Marketing Executives, supporting them to deliver successful collaterals and campaigns.
What you will bring:
- You will have a proven track record in marketing communications preferably, but not essentially, within the not-for-profit sector.
- You will understand both B2B and B2C marketing and whist you may have specialised in one, you will be able to apply the marketing principles. You will enjoy analysis and results as much as creativity. You can balance the science and art that good marketing demands.
- Your diplomatic skills will help you succeed in a matrix environment.
- You will demonstrate an excellent understanding of the testing, reporting and analysis of marketing campaigns and be happy to be judged by your results.
- You will have designed and developed a database driven website which has multiple integrations.
- You will understand the responsibilities of a Manager, and will have developed or be developing leadership skills.
- You will relish the challenge of an underdeveloped marketing function, and have the drive, resilience, ambition to deliver strong results
- You will be able to test copywriting and creative approaches. You are able to undertake basic copywriting. You are also likely to bring a contact book of copywriters and creatives.
- Ideally, you will have had success in qualifications, membership or education and an interest in public health. We know you are unlikely to bring all of this – so an ability to learn quickly is a requirement.
In return we offer:
- Pension contributions
- 25 days annual leave
- Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Most importantly, the opportunity to change the world whilst working in a friendly team
RSPH values and actively strives to have a diverse and inclusive workforce in a working environment free from discrimination.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.