We have an opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to join our growing team as Partnership Lead – Trusts & Foundations, on a full-time 18 month temporary contract. You can be based in either Cambridge or London and will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally. You will lead project teams and play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income from these groups for our charitable activities.
This role requires a proven track record of major donor fundraising, with experience in forming strategic partnerships and working with, or a desire to work with Trusts & Foundations. Significant knowledge of the processes of prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of resultant partnerships is key, as is the ability to draft funding proposals and applications.
Equally as important as your ability to engage specific supporters will be your skill in communicating both the purpose and importance of the work we do and the impact the chemical sciences have on all of our lives – not just the people who study and research it.
The Partnership Lead will play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income for our charitable activities by conducting the following:
- Identify and develop relationships with senior representatives of Trusts & Foundations who have the potential to support the work of the Royal Society of Chemistry by investigating their needs and improving their understanding of our work.
- Directly responsible for achieving income target from Trusts & Foundations. Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to create proposals and gain expertise, material and financial support for strategic projects in priority countries, making use of the full portfolio of Royal Society of Chemistry products and services.
- Ensure that an appropriate level of stewardship is enjoyed by all donors – both existing and new.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Sector legislation, best practice and data protection regulations with regards to keeping accurate records on prospects and donors.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely management reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist the Manager, Strategic Partnerships in maintaining a culture of open feedback, continual learning, delivery and customer service, and in developing team capabilities.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
We are looking for a talented individual with:
- A proven track record of major donor fundraising.
- Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Educated to degree level, with a demonstrable interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
- Ability to swiftly establish credibility both with senior business executives, Trustees and wider RSC stakeholders.
- Excellent English language, written and communication skills to draft funding proposals with potential partners and to ensure effective communication with staff and customers worldwide.
Interviews will be arranged remotely via Zoom video-call. If interested, please apply before the closing date. (24/06/20).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.