The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) is a charity and society of over 1,200 members from 94 countries, who work in, or are interested in tropical medicine and global health.
We aim to save lives, alleviate diseases and improve equity and access to health through improving our members careers and combining their skills and experience with our own knowledge to call for change in policy, funding and research.
Job title: Grants Manager
Location: High Holborn, London
Reports to: Chief Executive, RSTMH
Hours of work: Full time
Salary: £33k – 36k, depending on experience (subject to funding)
Job type: Initial 19 month contract
Every year RSTMH provides small grants of up to £5,000 each to early career researchers and global health professionals around the world, to try and ensure that the pipeline of research, translation, implementation and policy work on global health is full of innovative plans and projects. We have recently grown our programme and are able to provide more grants, and this may grow even more in the coming weeks.
To help us manage this programme we’re looking for an experienced Grants Manager who can manage all aspects of the programme from marketing through assessment, to award, ongoing communications and monitoring and evaluation.
RSTMH is a small team so the candidate needs to be happy to work alone, and also be an effective team player. They should be equally comfortable leading partner relationships, developing marketing information, writing a communications strategy, advising potential grantees on terms and conditions, and running reports on the online submissions platform. The candidate needs to be responsible for the programme budget on behalf of RSTMH and our funding partners, and have excellent project management and relationship building skills.
Summary of the role
- Taking ultimate responsibility for the delivery of the RSTMH small grants programme, including relationships with our grant funding partners
- Developing and overseeing processes to streamline the marketing, assessment and delivery of grants to successful applicants
- Manage the communications and oversee relationships with our global assessors who volunteer their time to help assess the small grant applications
- Improve communications, monitoring and evaluation strategies to optimise the programme and its longer term outcomes
- Ensuring the grants are an integral part of RSTMH, reflecting and complementing wider organisational activity and strategy
Closing Date: 17:00 on 29 April 2020
Please click the apply button to be taken to our online submission platform. Here you will need to upload a CV and covering letter detailing how your experience matches the person description.
No agencies please.