We are looking for someone passionate and motivated to join the Management Team in our Surbiton Home as a Hospitality Services Manager. The ideal candidate will be someone who strives for excellence and the provision of a quality service.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing food & beverage service, housekeeping, front of house (Reception) and engineering, to ensure everyone who lives in and visits our Home has the best possible experience.
Purpose of role:
- To pro-actively lead and manage the Hospitality Services in the home (all non-clinical services).
- Accountable for the environment, engineering, laundry, housekeeping, administration, catering (including the dining experience) and local IT (in liaison with the relevant professional teams.
- Lead and effectively manage all non-clinical services.
- Responsible for all non-clinical compliance and quality activities ensuring that the charity remains compliant with legislation.
- Act as a visible, pro-active, collaborative member of the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver an outstanding care experience with particular responsibility for supporting the creation of a culture of cost consciousness.
- Deliver an outstanding service to support the home pursue / maintain an ‘outstanding’ rating by the Care Quality Commission.
- Accountable for the monitoring and reporting of all Key Performance Indicators addressing negative changes promptly and escalating as necessary.
- Pro-actively identify and take responsibility for the resolution of issues before they impact on the quality of care and service.
- Manage the coaches / minibuses including control of the fuel costs (via fuel cards)
- Manage the teams associated with Hospitality Services including but not limited to: Setting objectives, Holding regular supervision sessions (every 4-6 weeks), Undertaking appraisal twice a year, Producing all necessary documentation, Proactively managing staff performance to address performance concerns.
- Role modelling the behaviours expected of a senior leader.
- Engaging with all necessary training including Dementia training.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required in line with your role as requested
Although we are a charity we offer a generous package:
- Salary of £42,342 per annum
- 37.5 hours per week
- Occasional evening and weekend working by agreement
- Equivalent of 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Part-time and job share applicants will be considered
- Employer Pension Contribution of 7.5% with matching Employee contribution of 5%
- Life insurance of 3 x salary (until age 70)
- 2 months full occupational sick pay, 1 month half pay before statutory sick pay
- Access to appropriate professional bodies and payment of membership fees after 6 months of employment
- Learning and Development – fully funded opportunities to support you in your role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.