We are looking for someone special to join the Marketing & Communications Team as Marketing Officer.
You will be helping to develop and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns focussing on occupancy and new services.
As the Marketing Officer you will work closely with colleagues across Royal Star & Garter, including the teams in each of the three Homes, to help design and produce engaging creative materials.
This role involves developing compelling marketing campaigns both online and offline and is a great opportunity to develop your skills in design, analytics and communication.
You will be joining a values-led organisation working within our dedicated Fundraising & Marketing department. We value our team and provide excellent training and benefits.
Royal Star & Garter will not be sponsoring VISA applications. Overseas candidates will be considered for this role if they hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Purpose of the role
1. To research and develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive occupancy and new services and to lead on their implementation.
2. To create and execute digital marketing campaigns to support our services
3. To work on design for inhouse creative projects, including the development of engaging on and offline materials for our services and fundraising.
Marketing & Communications
- To implement the marketing plans to promote our range of services offered both in and out of our Homes.
- To research and develop relationships with media channels to negotiate media space and to design and deliver artwork.
- To produce digital marketing content and campaigns to engage and convert our priority audiences.
- To develop compelling and emotive content for our website ensuring it reflects the range of services we offer.
- To work on the design and production of literature and materials both on and offline to support our services and with teams across Fundraising and other departments.
- To develop and review marketing materials, ensuring they are up-to date and in line with our brand and key messages.
- To support on all photography to ensure our image bank is up to date.
- To develop merchandising from concept to production, working with other teams within fundraising and the wider organisation.
- To produce regular updates and analysis making use of the data on our enquiry system (Found).
- To keep accurate spreadsheets of all activity and costs.
- To maintain the current Marcomms system to track and store projects, ensuring they are logged on the workflow system.
- To work with Fundraising on the monitoring of literature and merchandise.
- To be a brand ambassador ensuring consistency to a range of audiences.
- To adhere to data protection legislation and to be fully conversant with relevant legislation and the guidelines.
- To undertake other such duties as may be required and which are consistent with the nature of this role.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in a busy marketing environment with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload delivering projects to a high standard.
- Experience using digital tools, such as website content management systems, photo or video editing software and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Experience of paid social especially Meta advertising.
- Good knowledge of relevant marketing and charitable legislation and guidelines.
- Excellent communication and listening skills across a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent editing and copywriting skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong relationship building with the ability to work across teams and build effective internal and external networks.
- Good design skills including Adobe (other design packages).
- Good IT skills including MS 365, Teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to improve marketing performance.
- An enthusiasm and commitment to the work of Royal Star & Garter.
- The ability to travel and work remotely, including the location of our Homes in Surbiton, High Wycombe and occasionally Solihull.
- Be willing to work flexibly including occasional evenings and weekends.
Personal characteristics should include:
- Enthusiasm and passion for our work and a commitment to our values
- A self-starter with energy, who motivates with enthusiasm
- Sets high performance standards for oneself and others
- A positive attitude
- Reliable, professional manner; flexible and calm under pressure.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.