The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is one of the world’s leading research think-tanks in the fields of defence and security. The Centre for Financial Crime & Security Studies (CFCS) at RUSI is seeking to appointment a programme manager.
Over the past five years, RUSI’s Centre for Financial Crime & Security Studies has grown to be a pre-eminent global financial crime-focused research programme. As the CFCS approaches its fifth anniversary, the range of research we undertake, the projects we implement, the geographic footprint and the high profile we have developed means the programme is in need of a dedicated programme manager.
The successful candidate would play a central role in:
- CFCS business development;
- CFCS events organisation;
- CFCS project activity and budget management;
- Maintaining and developing the CFCS stakeholder community
- Developing contact and mailing database
- Relationships with funders
- Contacts with key domestic and international partners; and
- Growing the CFCS programme’s media profile and managing media relationships in coordination with RUSI’s Media/Communications team, including enhancing the CFCS social media footprint, developing the CFCS media strategy and identifying new opportunities for CFCS research promotion
This role is designed for a dedicated project manager with an interest in our area of research; this opening should not be viewed as a position offering future research opportunities.
In particular, the successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of:
- Managing programmes or projects in a similar academic environment or a comparable, professional business;
- Building and managing budgets;
- Seeking and developing new business and/or funding opportunities;
- Organising and hosting events; and
- Tracking and ensuring progress across a range of projects simultaneously (evidence of familiarity with project management software would be an advantage although not critical)
This role may suit a candidate returning from a career break who is seeking a London-based opportunity to re-enter the workforce in a stimulating, high-profile and highly-relevant field of domestic and global policy.
This new role will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to quickly become a central driver of the planned growth of the CFCS over the next 2-3 years, with a range of new and exciting projects likely to go live over the next few months.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Programme Manager will be a permanent, full-time position based in London. RUSI is able to offer flexible work arrangements.
The Programme Manager will report to the CFCS Director. Positions at this level are subject to a six-month probation period. Some limited travel may be required, but this is not likely to be a key element of the role. All travel for work purposes will be at RUSI’s expense.
The applicant must have the right to work in the UK.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND VALUES
At RUSI you will be appreciated and valued. Our stakeholders, transactions, and projects are international and diverse, so we work hard to create inclusive teams that support our efforts and each other. We therefore encourage you to apply regardless of your socio-economic background, ethnicity, sexual preference, gender or physical disability.