Regional Relationship Manager
Regional Relationship Manager
Home-based with occasional travel in the South East regions
The NHS and Care Volunteer Responders (VR) programme was set up by NHS England, Royal Voluntary Service and GoodSAM in 2020 to support people vulnerable to COVID-19, those shielding or isolating, and the NHS in England.
The programme continues to evolve as the needs of people, the NHS and care change. Therefore, understanding the impact of this programme, changing needs, and any service improvements quickly are critically important.
We are now looking for a Regional Relationship Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis. This is a home-based position, with occasional travel within the South East regions required.
As a Regional Relationship Manager, you will deliver the VR programme across the South East of England.
Working across multiple Integrated Care Systems (ICSs), you will provide strategic oversight of the programme, identifying local needs and using your relationship-building skills and thorough knowledge of the health and care system.
You’ll act as the key point of contact for providers and referees, delivering training sessions and one to one support to help our partners to understand how our volunteer management system can support their needs. You will also provide support over the lifecycle of our volunteer programme, responding to enquiries and circulating best practices.
This is a permanent, full-time role, working 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
What You’ll Need
- Experience of managing a similar service type
- Experience of working in partnership with other local and statutory organisations
- Experience at management level
- Experience of managing projects and working to motivate people to achieve positive outcomes
- Experience of running engagement activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Health & Care systems, NHS Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups
- A full, valid driving licence with access to a vehicle or easily readily available public transport links
What You Get in Return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £33,569 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is the 29th December 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Programme Manager, Volunteering Programme Manager, Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Programme Lead, or Volunteer Experience Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.