Senior Retail Customer Assistant
£8.37 per hour
Part-time, 30 hours per week, working five out of seven days, with occasional weekends
Royal Voluntary Service hospital cafés, shops and trolleys are part of the fabric of the NHS and a real asset in their own right.
We are different from commercial operators, and rightly so. Our employees and volunteer teams offer comfort, reassurance and a friendly ear to patients and visitors and act as a valuable link with helpful community services.
Our shops and cafés are staffed by volunteers and employees and provide an outstanding range of healthy food choices.
Our customers love the fact that the money they spend with us pays for volunteer action in hospitals and the community.
Would you like to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
We are looking for talented, passionate people with the right skills and experience to work with us to deliver our mission - to keep people happy, healthy and connected in our communities and hospitals.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting the Service Manager or Deputy Manager and working alongside a friendly team of employees and volunteers, you will provide outstanding customer service at our shop and café in Farnham Road Hospital. In this busy role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a friendly and helpful service to customers
- Serving high-quality hot and cold food and beverages and help our customers to make product choices
- Assisting with the day-to-day co-ordination and support of volunteers
- Operating the till and undertaking cash reconciliation
- Assisting with stock deliveries and replenishing stock
- Ensuring the shop and café is well presented and meets all necessary checks
- Working as an active team member to support colleagues in all tasks
What you will need
As a Senior Retail Customer Assistant, you will have the proven ability to lead a team by example to deliver a high-quality, friendly and professional customer service. You will have experience of working in a customer-facing role, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be confident in maximising sales opportunities.
Experience of EPOS systems would be desirable, as would experience of general administrative processes and the ability to use standard IT Microsoft and internet systems to a basic level.
Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a criminal records check.
Why work for Royal Voluntary Service
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service:
- We will train and support you in your role
- We offer an employee assistance helpline
- We are happy to talk about flexible working
- We offer a great pension scheme
- You will receive 25 days’ annual leave plus paid statutory Bank Holidays pro rata
How to apply
To apply for this position of Senior Retail Customer Assistant, please apply via the button shown.
The closing date for this vacancy is the 30th March 2020. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Supervisor, Senior Retail Advisor, Senior Retail Assistant, Senior Shop Assistant, Senior Store Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, or Retail Advisor.