How to apply
Senior Service Assistant (Contract)
Leicester, Leicestershire (covering Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland)
£15,274 per annum
Do you want to be a part of a movement that empowers older people, supports them and enables them to enjoy a greater sense of wellbeing? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We’re now looking for a Senior Service Assistant to join us on a contract until the 31st March 2020.
Within an engaging and team-oriented environment, you will have the chance to support vital services that are making a positive, lasting impact on your local community.
As the Senior Service Assistant, you’ll facilitate the delivery of our Supporting Your Recovery and Supporting You at Home programme, which aims to help people to live independently after spending time in hospital.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Working to deliver services to users, adopting a casework approach
- Visiting service users at home to assess how they can be helped
- Making plans to reduce social isolation and managing volunteers to deliver them
- Directing service users to other relevant services
- Conducting mid-point and end reviews with service users
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records, using both digital and paper-based systems
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Proficiency in industry standard IT systems, such as MS Office, email, the internet and social media
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with service users, volunteers and colleagues effectively
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy skills
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Self-motivated and resourceful, as the Senior Service Assistant, you’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A great eye for detail, a positive attitude and superb time-management abilities are also key.
Although not essential, experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer-led support groups would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge and experience of local services and the issues affecting older people. Previous experience of recording data, monitoring and evaluation processes and maintaining databases would also be an advantage.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The closing date for applications is the 19 August 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 22nd August 2019 at The Peepul Centre in Leicester.
To apply for the role of Senior Service Assistant (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Service Assistant, Full Time, Contract, Social Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Outreach Assistant, Support Worker, Care Assistant, Care Services Assistant.