Service Co-ordinator – Part Time (Contract)
Leeds, West Yorkshire (with travel to Meanwood, Chapel Allerton and Roundhay)
£8.57 per hour
Do you have experience of supporting and motivating volunteers? Want to take on a rewarding contract with a charity that has been changing lives for over 80 years? If so, read on.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for two part-time Service Co-ordinators to join us on an initial contract until the 31st March 2021 that has the possibility to extend subject to funding.
Within an engaging and team-oriented environment, you will have the chance to support vital services that are making a positive, lasting impact on your local community.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will support the delivery of our Healthy Happy Lives Support Service.
The Healthy Happy Lives Support Service aims to reduce isolation in older people through building their confidence to reconnect with their communities.
Covering activities in Meanwood, Chapel Allerton and Roundhay, you will:
- Support colleagues to deliver Healthy Happy Lives sessions, such as exercise sessions or lunches
- Build links with the community to strengthen and promote the service
- Work with the Project Manager to pair volunteers with services
- Ensure the service operates in-line with regulations, such as Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Data Protection and Safeguarding
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience of working with volunteers and supporting and motivating them on a daily basis
- Previous experience of handling personal information and the legal requirements of this
- Knowledge of volunteers and voluntary services
- The ability to build positive relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders and colleagues
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Self-motivated and resourceful, as a Service Co-ordinator, you’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A great eye for detail, a positive attitude and superb time-management abilities are also key.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of general administrative processes and maintaining databases. Experience of working in a public-facing environment would also be beneficial, as would a food safety accreditation. Proficiency in industry standard IT systems would be equally favourable.
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
To apply for the role of Service Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Co-ordinator, Community Services Co-ordinator, Volunteer Support Co-ordinator, Service Delivery Assistant, or Community Support Co-ordinator.