Multiple Hybrid Working Vacancies in Medway, Leicester, Manchester, Worksop & Liverpool
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive – where everyone can thrive.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will provide a Home-from-Hospital support service to recently discharged patients.
Upon leaving the hospital, you will be responsible for transporting patients to their homes and continuing to assist them in their daily needs for up to 4 weeks.
In this time, you will ensure that patients reconnect with their community and activities of interests, to minimise readmissions and reduce isolation and loneliness.
Additionally, you will provide support to the Service Manager in the recruitment and training processes of new volunteers.
To be considered a Service Co-ordinator, you will need:
- A full, valid driving licence and access to own vehicle
- A willingness to transport patients, both home from hospital and to other identified community settings
- Demonstrable experience of working in a person-centred manner
- A working knowledge and understanding of the NHS, including the needs of patients upon discharge from hospital
- An awareness of the principles of Safeguarding (Adults and Children)
- Excellent communications ability at all levels
- The ability to act on your own initiative within agreed parameters
- The ability to proficiently use standard IT systems, email, Microsoft Teams and role specific databases
- GCSEs or Welsh and/or Scottish equivalent qualification in Maths and English at grades A*-C
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- Salary of £9.27 per hour
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built-in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award-winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks company sick pay
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Service Co-ordinator, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for applications is 3rd February 2022.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
These roles are part-time working 17.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, on a fixed-term contract until July 2022.
Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a criminal records check.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Service Co-ordinator, Community Support Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Hospital Services Co-ordinator, or Volunteer Support Co-ordinator.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.