Volunteer Co-ordinator (Contract)
The Peepul Centre, Leicester (office/field-based, with travel throughout Leicester)
£15,821 per annum Plus Mileage Allowance (reimbursed at 45p per mile)
If you have experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer-led support groups, this is an incredible opportunity to take on a rewarding contract and make a positive impact in your community.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator to join us on a contract until the 31st March 2020. This role is available on a full or part time basis.
Within a welcoming and supportive environment, you will have the chance to help grow important services that are reducing isolation, enriching communities and enabling people to make a real difference through volunteering.
As a Volunteer Co-ordinator, you’ll support the volunteer recruitment and training processes for our services in the Leicester area.
Working alongside Service Managers and their teams, you will:
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention plan
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers
- Interview volunteers and ensure they are placed in the most appropriate volunteering role
- Co-ordinate and facilitate regular volunteer meetings and training sessions
- Liaise with other organisations to identify potential sources of volunteers
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks
To be considered, you will need:
- Previous experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer-led support groups or similar experience
- The ability to proficiently use industry standard IT systems (e.g. Microsoft Office, email, the internet, etc.)
- A valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Organised and results-focused, as a Volunteer Co-ordinator, you’ll be an adept multi-tasker who can lead, inspire and engage others. You’ll also be enthusiastic and proactive with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
This role is available on a full or part time basis, working up to 35 hours per week. This role may involve some evening and weekend working, so a flexible approach is key.
The closing date for applications is the 24th November 2019.
To apply for the role of Volunteer Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Volunteer Co-ordinator, Contract, Service Co-ordinator, Service Delivery Co-ordinator, Community Services Co-ordinator, Community Support Co-ordinator, Charity.