We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Buyer to join the RSPB Commercial Team at our HQ to assist the Product Manager for Bird food, Bird Care and Optics.
Location: RSPB England – HQ, Sandy, Beds
Salary: £17,276.00 - £18,804.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
This is a great opportunity to work for the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe where you can be a part of our work to care for the environment and save nature.
About the Role
This role involves supporting the Product Manager in sourcing products, developing our ranges, and managing our preferred suppliers to maximise our potential for income generation and contributing to other strategic objectives.
You will need to be very organised, a team player, able to interpret sales data, and have great communication skills. This role will also include liaising with many different internal stakeholders, and managing and negotiating with our suppliers.
This role manages a busy schedule of daily administrative tasks and maintains our product and supplier records in database systems.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience and skills in buying and product management.
What we need from you
- GCSE, A level or equivalent in Maths and English or equivalent subjects which demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills.
- Communications - listening, written and verbal: Able to communicate in a clear manner at all levels to develop shared understanding.
- Influence - relationship building: Being able to persuade others and negotiate to reach an agreement. Able to motivate, inspire and build respect.
- Judgment and decision-making: Able to define and clarify a situation through gathering facts and evidence, evaluating options and making a justifiable decision, to progress work.
- Numeracy and analysis: Able to understand and interpret numerical/analytical scenarios.
- Working as part of a team either in employment or as part of a project or activity outside/in addition to mainstream education.
- Experience in retail procurement or merchandising
Expiry date: 23:59, 07 March 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the role profile and application details.
When you make your application please ensure that you include reference number FEB20210282 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.