We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Merchandiser to join the RSPB Commercial Team at our HQ to assist the Merchandising Manager on a 12-month contract. This is a great opportunity to work for the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe, where you can be a part of our work to care for the environment and save nature.
Assistant Merchandiser (Fixed Term)
Location: RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
Salary: £22,986.00 - £25,500.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Duration: 12 months
What’s the role about?
You'll be working with our buyers to help us develop our ranges across product areas as diverse as bird food, fashion, books and toys. Using sales data you'll use your analytical and communication skills to propose changes to our current product ranges, as well as forecasting and ranging products for our retail shops and e-commerce channel.
You'll also be helping to run our promotional programme, working with our fulfilment team to ensure that the stock arrives on time and is distributed correctly, before monitoring sales to judge the success of the promotions. As well as this, you'll be producing the promotional signage for stores, ensuring that our offers are clearly communicated to our customers.
The role is a great opportunity to develop a wide array of retail HQ skills, working with the stakeholders in our Commercial team.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English or equivalent subjects which demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills.
- Understanding of the principles of retail through sales, stock and promotions
- Understanding sales data or equivalent to make decisions
- Communications – listening, writing and verbal. Able to communicate clearly to develop shared understanding with the rest of the team.
- Influence - being able to persuade others and negotiate to reach agreement.
- Judgement and decision-making - able to define and clarify a situation through gathering facts and evidence, evaluating options and making justifiable decisions.
- Numeracy and analysis - able to understand and interpret numerical/analytical scenarios
- Computer skills – proficient with Excel
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a retail or commercial environment
Closing date: 23:59, 02 May 2021
We are planning to hold interviews for this position on 13th and 14th May 2021.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
When you make your application please ensure that you include reference number MAR20216152 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.