Business Intelligence Lead
Salary: £36,604.00 - £40,608.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Duration: 12 months
This is a Full Time role for a 12-month contract. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Working closely with technical and non-technical leads, analysts, users and suppliers, you will significantly champion and lead a business intelligence and analytics strategy that is fit for purpose across the RSPB’s data sets which include but not limited to membership, volunteer and supporter management, marketing, fundraising, conservation, web and social media, finance, HR, and other workforce systems.
What's the role about?
You will ensure our data integration and data quality processes are aligned in order that the organisation has robust data integrity and governance allowing our campaigns and marketing assets to give the best value in support of our conservation objectives.
You will build strong relationships with our internal data handlers and suppliers to establish sound service levels that monitor continuous improvement.
You will define the characteristics of statistical and aggregate data models and of business ready datasets and the tools through which they are delivered for different users and audiences in line with the strategic priorities of the RSPB Technology Portfolio and its programmes.
Your analytics focus will help drive innovation in our Strategy, Knowledge and Intelligence team by building confidence in our data models. Your delivery focus will align users across the organisation to interpret and use data appropriately. You will work closely with our Conservation Data Management Unit to collaboratively develop solutions that give us beneficial insight of our supporter behaviour and the impact on conservation. You will develop solutions that deliver consistent and reliable insight.
The role will develop the training, communication and adoption of key analytics tools and methodologies either face-to-face, in groups, class-based or online and champion a data enabled culture across the organisation
You will prioritise and assure business intelligence and analytics requirements with the Head of Data Development and ensure data requirements are relevant, correct and complete and useful to the RSPB in terms of timeliness, the conservation priorities and income targets while working within an AGILE project management environment.
You will define the best practice and proof of concept for dashboard, KPI and report creation for a variety of users on processed, automatable datasets with data interrogation/drill down available based on role-based access.
You will consider the stakeholders and shape the processes needed to maintain, data standards, key reference datasets and demographics, segmentation approaches (where used) and ensure documentation on all areas are regularly updated and disseminated appropriately.
The role will support governance on all areas of information management, working closely with established steering groups or developing working groups that engage the whole organisation regularly to collate and resolve systemic issues.
You will centralise processes to create value, avoid duplication and enable a responsive use of business intelligence but also serve the different needs of the national footprint of the RSPB.
You will innovate, take risks and make recommendations that upholds the reputation of the charity and creates a culture of digital leadership in the conservation sector. You will explore new ways of using data for business intelligence including the potential for data sciences, AI, machine learning using big data and a range of new or emerging technologies and creating adaptable in-house capability to exploit what may be on the horizon.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent collaborative relationship building with users and technical specialists to design and deliver a roadmap for the RSPB business intelligence that reflects the functional and strategic needs of the organisation.
- Ability to evaluate existing service provision, keeping abreast of feedback and new developments to ensure appropriate developments and solutions to enhance and maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Significant operational and /or technical knowledge data sciences, advanced excel, analytics platforms such as PowerBI, Business Objects, Cubes, SASS, R, Python, SQL or a combination of these.
- Experience working as a project manager, commissioning and overseeing delivery of substantial or complex work completed by other teams including Data Development, Data Operations & Technology Services and exposure to AGILE working.
- Application of in-depth knowledge and experience of business intelligence to provide advice/guidance to others or to address significant problems, some of which will be multi-disciplinary in nature.
- Ensure compliance with current and future work area objectives, service level agreements, regulations and best practices.
- Experience of working with and influencing senior management.
- Experience of developing innovative ideas and potential solutions for further development.
- Ability to support and advise a breadth of different skillsets and demonstrate effective change management and transformation.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this position and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
Closing date: 23:59, 21 September 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.