Salary: £18,250.00 - £22,243.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: This is a fixed-term position (12 Months) and we reserve the right to extend this contract to permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our Membership Fundraisers are the ambassadors for the RSPB; travelling to a local venue each day in their company van, where they set up an attractive fundraising stand and spend the day actively engaging with members of the public. Every day our Membership Fundraisers are playing a vital role in our efforts to help give nature the home it deserves. They do this by having engaging conversations with people about our conservation work, educating the public about how they can help wildlife from home, and inspiring people of all ages to become lifelong members of the RSPB so that we can make a real difference to our natural world!
- Opportunity to join a great team which is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature.
- A set salary, rather than working to commission;
- A company van, fuel card, and parking expenses;
- An annual volunteer day either with the RSPB or another charity of your choosing;
- 34 days’ paid holiday including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata);
- Full training and comprehensive induction;
- Secondment opportunities as well as career progression.
What we need from you:
You don’t need to know much about birds, nor do you need to know much about conservation, as we run a thorough induction program and offer fantastic training and ongoing support. Essential skills, knowledge and experience that we are looking for include:
- Enthusiasm and passion for saving nature;
- Enjoy working outdoors - solo as well as part of a team;
- A good story-teller and a confident communicator;
- A resilience to rejection;
- Experience in a customer-facing role;
- Comfortable asking people for monthly donations;
- A full, manual driving licence;
- Access to the Microsoft Office suite at home; and
- Willing to work 3 out of 4 weekends and bank holidays.
- Fundraising/sales experience. (Desirable)
The closing date for this vacancy is the 6th February 2022.
We run a monthly induction for all new Membership Fundraisers around the UK, and are currently recruiting new starters for a start date week commencing - 1st or 7th of March.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form.
Please include a cover letter to tell us why you are best suited for this role, please ensure that this is a part of your CV document as you will only be able to upload one document.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.