Communications Officer - England
Salary: £22,986.00 - £25,500.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
This is an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic and innovative Communications and Marketing team, within RSPB England’s Fundraising and Communications department, helping us to save nature through inspiring and impactful communications.
We are in a Nature and Climate Emergency. We need the very best communicators with the ability to produce innovative and engaging content to help grow our audiences and inspire everyone to act to save nature. Do you have the skills and abilities to make this happen?
What’s the role about
As Communications Officer, you will be developing creative content and sharing our key messages across internal and external communications channels; from digital marketing and social media to broadcast and consumer PR. You will be responsible for creating compelling stories that change hearts and minds, to grow support for our conservation work and campaigns.
Your colleagues will collaborate with you to build and deliver the key communications that will achieve this vision. You will create communications for our major campaigns, help design on-site signage and destination marketing plans. You will have a passion for creating engaging content that inspires all audiences to come together to achieve the incredible; whether that’s through powerful media interviews or increasing our organic reach.
We need a team player who is highly organised, has good attention to detail and can work calmly to tight deadlines and when prioritising tasks. The role requires a friendly positive attitude, a collaborative approach to work, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. As a communications officer, you will regularly liaise with colleagues across a broad work area, as well as partner organisations, volunteers and others which will require excellent interpersonal skills.
Above all, you will be an outstanding communicator who can inspire in others the passion you feel for saving nature.
This role will include exciting opportunities to travel across England (COVID permitting) including some overnight trips and occasional weekend work.
What we need from you
- Experience of working on media, PR and marketing campaigns
- A thorough understanding of different communication channels
- A proven track record of delivering excellent communication products in multiple formats
- Strong, persuasive and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing social media accounts for brands or businesses, including content creation, scheduling, monitoring, and performance reporting
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Awareness and interest in nature conservation or global climate issues
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of building good working relationships with colleagues and external organisations or contacts
- Knowledge of collaborating with colleagues and teams to influence decision-makers is desirable
- Skills in digital design, video creation and new media production are desirable
*The role will require candidates to be able to live and work in England, either from one of our RSPB offices (Newcastle / Lancaster / Denby Dale / Birmingham / Sandy / Norwich / Brighton / Exeter), (COVID permitting) or from home.
The closing date for this role is midnight on 31/05/2021 however, we are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to pull this advert at any time.
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.