Community Fundraiser - South Scotland
Location: RSPB Scotland – Glasgow
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well-organised individual to join our community fundraising team in Scotland. As a good communicator you will be happy recruiting and motivating a large group of mostly remotely based volunteers. You will have specific responsibility for income generation from volunteer networks using our popular pin badges targeting the South of Scotland, from Dumfries and Galloway all the way to Dundee, excluding Edinburgh and the Borders.
Your work will include supporting our reserve teams deliver their fundraising targets as well as developing other ways to involve people in fundraising for RSPB Scotland. Crucial to your role will be building strong and lasting relationship with colleagues and volunteers, positively engaging with members of the public and maximising all fundraising opportunities across your region. This might involve events, online fundraising, engaging with projects and creatively growing support for our reserves.
If you are organised, enthusiastic, adaptable, thrive when presented with targets, can keep on top of competing demands on your time and want to contribute to the conservation of some of Scotland's most special wildlife, then we want to hear from you!
Key result areas:
- Meet or exceed agreed income targets to help support RSPB’s work in line with key performance indicators.
- Provide leadership and management to a network of volunteer fundraisers to help achieve community fundraising income targets.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing and potential supporters so that more people take an active part in helping to save nature.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences both in writing and face to face.
- Able to provide direction, energy and capability in order to lead and manage volunteer fundraisers.
- Ability to manage high performance as well as poor performance amongst volunteer fundraisers.
- Good level of numeracy in order to analyse data, identify trends and make recommendations for change.
- Able to deliver high level of customer service to a variety of audiences.
- Able to work under own initiative, with the confidence to ask for support and direction where needed.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Recruitment, selection and management of volunteers.
- Managing an income budget and monitoring expenditure such as travel, subsistence and materials.
- Proven experience of raising funds for a voluntary organisation or securing sales in a corporate environment against agreed income targets.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working with volunteer fundraisers for a charity.
- Understanding of charity sector and associated fundraising techniques.
- Working knowledge of relevant Institute of Fundraising and Charities Act regulations and guidelines relating to volunteer fundraising.
- This role will require occasional weekend and evening working.
- This role will require regular travel within the UK.
- The successful candidate will ideally be located in/around Glasgow or Stirling.
- This role will require occasional overnight stays away from home.
- Please note that the RSPB is committed to social inclusion and diversity. We warmly encourage people from all parts of the community to apply for this opportunity and be part of our diverse movement to save nature.
Closing date: 23:59, 02 May 2021
We are planning to conduct interviews for this position on 11th May 2021.
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.