Direct Marketing Officer
Salary: £25,280.00 - £28,045.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 12 Months
Are you a confident direct marketer, have an interest in conservation and want to help give nature a home?
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, we spend over £100m/year in pursuit of our vision – a world richer in nature. You will be joining a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers dedicated to realising that vision, alongside our many partner organisations. Playing our part in tackling the nature and climate emergency facing our planet requires us to be even more effective, and our new strategy clarifies the vital part we must play in rising to the challenge.
We operate across the four countries of the UK and where we can make a difference overseas. We manage over 200 nature reserves, influence policy and legislation and deliver many research, conservation, and people engagement projects.
We need your expertise and energy to help plan and deliver multi-channel fundraising campaigns. This is your chance to make your mark and play a critical role in creating exciting, innovative, and inspiring fundraising.
It’s an exciting time to join and we need your help to ensure we make the best start possible in delivering our new strategy by leveraging your expertise in multi-channel fundraising.
Key activities will include:
- Plan and deliver multi-channel fundraising and supporter communications that target defined audiences in order to showcase the work of the RSPB and deliver maximum return on investment.
- Ensure that fundraising communications meet all legally required standards as a minimum to mitigate brand and reputational risks.
- Implement testing within product areas and communication channels to provide evidence that will improve the channel performance and aid income growth.
- Brief, select and check data to ensure our supporters receive relevant messages via relevant channels to help achieve financial targets.
- Forecast and manage expenditure budgets in excess of £100,000 to achieve targets and deliver income to enable our conservation work.
- Brief and monitor external suppliers to ensure that all activity delivered on RSPB’s behalf is of the highest standard, legally compliant and meets our brand guidelines.
- Work within the RSPB’s project management framework and other formalised briefing processes to deliver campaigns on time and within budget.
- Analyse and report campaign and product performance so that key stakeholders are up-to-date with progress against financial targets.
- Identify and share latest direct marketing techniques and best practice to help unlock more support and financial growth for our conservation work.
- Build strong relationships with internal support teams to influence and enable the delivery of direct marketing campaigns in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
To succeed, you’ll have direct marketing experience that includes managing marketing campaigns, analysis and intelligent use of data and developing new propositions and test strategies. You’ll also be adept at analysing and reporting on the performance of multi-channel campaigns while maintaining a high level of drive and commitment.
A proactive and collaborative approach is important too, as is the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and positively influence others at all levels. Someone who listens to, and considers, different opinions, feelings, and motivations, you’re also great at focussing on, and understanding, the needs of internal and external customers, clients, and other stakeholders.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven experience of planning and delivering end to end multi-channel direct marketing campaigns
- Comfortable with analysis and metrics to constantly improve campaign performance
- Demonstrable testing, profiling, segmentation, campaign objective setting experience and knowledge
- A logical and analytical approach, encompassing a high level of attention to detail
- Proven experience of budget management
- Demonstrable direct marketing sector developments, legal requirements, and best practice knowledge
- Strong creative understanding, and able to assess the measures that will maximise response
- Proven organisational, time management, planning and productivity skills
- Strong communication skills to bring support teams together to deliver campaigns
- Able to work under pressure, making or escalating decisions where necessary and adapting an approach to meet changing circumstances as required
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in a direct marketing role
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Has worked in environment/conservation
- Has worked in not-for-profit/charity
- Has an additional marketing related qualification (Institute of Direct Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing etc.)
This position is a 12 Month contract - full time working 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate can be either home or office-based, depending on personal requirements and location.
There will be a requirement for occasional travel, within the UK and to our headquarters in Sandy, Bedfordshire.
Closing date: 10:09, 10 August 2021
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this position and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
Previous applicants need not apply.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.