Face-To-Face Membership Venues Manager
Salary: £25,280.00 - £28,045.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave, Sabbatical Opportunities
The RSPB is looking for a new Face To Face Membership Venues Manager to join our amazing Face To Face Membership Team. This is an exciting time to join the UK's largest conservation charity as we launch our saving nature strategy for the next ten years.
The mission of this role is leading and managing a team of Face To Face Membership Venues Officers to successfully book shifts for our growing team of Face To Face Membership Fundraisers to attend. There is a budget to manage for paid venues, and many of the venues we attend will need to be negotiated free of charge.
Your team will have targets to ensure our Face To Face Membership Fundraisers are in the best places to give them the opportunity to meet and inspire the public to support our vital conservation work.
Wellbeing is a top priority, so your team will also need to ensure the Face To Face Membership Fundraisers are travelling within reasonable average time limits, have a variety of venues to attend with access to facilities, and are provided with all the briefing information they need.
You will be responsible for providing your team with the direction, motivation and development they need to understand and achieve what's expected. As part of our annual performance and development cycle, you will work with individuals in your team to create tailored personal and professional development plans, SMART objectives and actions which you will follow up together. You will work with a team of peers to develop and implement best practice in how the wider Face To Face membership Venues Team operates and communicates.
Feedback from venues, Face To Face Membership Fundraisers, their Face To Face Membership Area Managers, and regional Face To Face Membership Operations Managers will also inform how your team functions.
The role requires in particular the ability to motivate a remote team who are mostly working from home around the country, build collaborative relationships, make decisions, act on feedback and hold team members to account for progress with performance and actions, all within an inclusive and inspirational working environment where we all learn together.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Sales/Events Fundraising knowledge
- Experience of successfully supporting and influencing a high performance and target-driven team
- Understanding of legislation/best practice as set out by The Fundraising Regulator and IoF Compliance Directorate in private site fundraising
- Able to inspire others
- Able to build collaborative relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach, in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent time management
- Able to get support and buy-in from others
- Able to act quickly in response to performance data and management information
- Experience of working with and influencing external partners and networks
- Experience working in a fast-paced industry and to tight deadlines
- Microsoft Office and spreadsheet skills
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of territory management systems
- Previous experience of Customer Relationship Management databases
- At the RSPB we are proud of our positive working culture, and we expect everyone in our team to role model our cultural behaviours - bold, focused, supportive and together.
Closing date: 23:59, 23 May 2021
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.