Finance Business Partner
Location: RSPB England – HQ
Salary: £36,604.00 - £46,611.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
The RSPB are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic colleague to join our Planning & Reporting team in a rewarding and challenging environment, where everything we do as an organisation is focused on saving nature.
What’s the role about
As a Finance Business Partner you will work proactively with senior colleagues to provide an added-value service of financial support to our Directorates. In addition to a strong management accounting background, you will understand the difference that can be made through strong business partnering relationships and be confident in building those relationships. You will gain the respect and confidence of the colleagues you support through strong communication skills (written and oral) and your ability to constructively challenge ideas and plans. You will add value through gaining an intimate understanding of the Directorate that you partner, together with contributing to business performance and the requirements of the finance function with the charity's need.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with up-to-date technical knowledge and a desire to progress in your profession. We will want the successful candidate to influence change and use their skill set to further drive the organisation's objectives forward. You will also be comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines, and interacting with people at all levels inside the RSPB.
What we need from you:
- Develop effective working relationships that influence and challenge senior management teams, so that the role of the Finance Business Partner is an integral and valued part of the organisation.
- Working in cross-functional teams to provide transformational advice on new initiatives, investment appraisals/organisational restructures/matters of risk and control in order to support effective decision making.
- Support senior managers to develop their financial plans so that the corporate strategy is realised.
- Build capability and knowledge in managers so that they can effectively manage their budgets through effective financial information, support and advice.
- Identify financial risks and work in collaboration with managers to design effective mitigation strategies.
- Identify, research, design, gain approval and successfully implement new Finance initiatives and ideas for change based on business analytics and expert knowledge of client areas.
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance, contribute to the development of the wider Finance Department Strategy to make the service best in class.
- Working with the Finance Operations team, ensure the highest level of customer service and support is delivered and operating styles and procedures are continuously reviewed so that the service is business focused in the delivery of objectives
Closing date: 23:59, 30 April 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.