Salary: £21,718.00 - £24,294.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 6 Months
Do you have the passion, drive, professionalism and enthusiasm to raise funds for the RSPB?
The England team is recruiting for someone to join our dedicated team of fundraisers. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in fundraising and project management. If you have enthusiasm for the work of the RSPB and can demonstrate your talents and transferable skills for fundraising, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an individual who is super organised, self-confident, friendly, energetic and helpful. You will be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and enjoy getting things done whilst working as part of a team. With a keen eye for detail, you are confident managing financial and other numeric information. You are a persuasive and versatile writer. You are confident in presenting your case in 1-2-1 or small group situations. You have a proven ability to manage competing priorities to tight deadlines.
In this role, you will need to:
- Identify potential external funding sources and match these to agreed priority work on our nature reserves, projects and core work, as allocated by the Fundraising Manager, in support of RSPB’s aim to save nature
- Complete funding bids tailored to external funding bodies in order to secure income to fund and grow RSPB work. Working with HQ and region/ country colleagues, ensure our funders have an excellent supporter experience with us and raise their awareness and understanding of RSPB
- Identify the requirements of our funders, including communications requirements and manage the delivery of any funding conditions to optimise opportunities and build effective relationships
- Monitor and ensure accurate administration of funding, in line with the teamwork programme and the RSPB’s project management framework to ensure effective governance and transparency
- Produce regular reports to assess progress and action needed against KPIs to ensure agreed annual performance targets are met
- Ensure funder engagement activity is correctly branded, represents our organisational values and follows governance guidelines to build a strong reputation and brand for the RSPB
- Plan and attend appropriate meetings and events in order to manage funder and partner relationships and advocate the work of the RSPB to grow support in order to save nature
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- A-level education or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Understanding of fundraising (grants, trusts, businesses) and donor and supporter motivations
- Understanding of and application of project management
- Proven experience in fundraising/ sales and delivering to income targets
- Proven excellent writing skills
- Able to interpret complex information and communicate it simply to target audiences
- Persuasive communicator and negotiator with the ability to influence
- Able to work under own initiative, with the confidence to ask for support and direction where needed
- Solutions-focused approach, with the ability to overcome setbacks in order to get the right outcome for the RSPB
- Able to organise oneself effectively and prioritise work in order to get the right things done
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service to a variety of audiences
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven experience of relationship development in an outward facing role in the not for profit or private sector.
- Proven experience of working as part of a team.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Degree or equivalent
- Professional or academic qualification in fundraising
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Understanding of the charity sector and associated fundraising techniques
- Interest in, knowledge of, and passion for nature
Closing date: 23:59, 18 March 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.