Fundraising Officer (Flexible within Wales)
Location: Flexible in Wales
Salary: £22,986.00 - £25,500.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 12 months
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our successful Fundraising and Communications team in RSPB Cymru; helping to raise the much needed funds to continue our work to save nature.
RSPB is the largest nature conservation charity in Europe, with over one million members. We work to achieve a better world for both nature and people, where biodiversity loss has halted, and human actions ensure the sustainable management of the planet’s natural resources. We provide opportunities for people to enjoy and learn about the natural world and for young people to develop an understanding of environmental issues and wildlife.
What does the role involve?
RSPB Cymru’s Funding Development Team raises money for conservation, education, engagement and other activities taking place across Wales from a range of sources including grant funders, corporate businesses, individuals and communities.
The focus of this role will be to secure incomes from external funding bodies against annual income targets and key performance indicators in order to contribute to the RSPB’s purpose of saving nature. This involves:
- Researching and identifying potential funding opportunities and matching these to agreed priority work on our nature reserves, projects and core work
- Developing relationships with funders to understand their objectives and deadlines
- Writing funding bids and collating relevant financial information
- Liaising with colleagues across the country to gather relevant and accurate information for funding applications and other communication requirements
- Reporting to funders and gathering invoices and evidence for grant claims
- Monitor and ensure accurate administration of funding, in line with the team work programme and the RSPB’s project management framework to ensure effective governance and transparency.
- Communicating with project partners and other charities to share knowledge and experiences
What We Need From You:
We need someone who is highly organised, has good attention to detail and can work calmly to tight deadlines. A friendly, positive attitude and willingness to collaborate within the team and adapt to changing priorities is required. Experience of grant fundraising would be advantageous.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Persuasive and succinct writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong IT skills
- Awareness of, and interest in, the challenges facing the natural world
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and funders
- English and Mathematics GCSE or equivalent
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of charity sector and associated fundraising techniques
- Ability to understand and speak Welsh
- Interest in, knowledge of and passion for nature
- This role can be based at either the RSPB Bangor or Cardiff offices, but may include some home working.
- Please note that the RSPB is committed to social inclusion and diversity. We warmly encourage people from all parts of the community to apply for this opportunity and be part of our diverse movement to save nature.
- RSPB Cymru is a bilingual organisation, and all staff and volunteers must show a commitment to work in a fully bilingual environment.
Closing date: 23:59, 04 October 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.