Head of HR Operations
Salary: £39,970 - £44,290 – Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
As the leading conservation charity in the UK, the RSPB has an ambitious programme of work transforming its approach to saving nature.
Recognising that people are at the heart of delivering this we have an exciting opportunity for a talented and driven individual to join our HR and L&D Team.
Reporting to the Head of HR and Development you will be a strong leader with extensive experience in delivering results through people.
What the job is about?
The Head of HR Operations is a new role leading and managing the HR Operation function to deliver an employee focused approach where HR processes effectively support business needs and add value.
You will have full responsibility for all HR transactional services, resourcing and employee relations support leading 3 direct reports to deliver exceptional customer service through their teams.
Key deliverables will include
- Creating and developing workforce policies and procedures that maintain the legal compliance of our management processes
- Developing the management of performance processes to ensure that the organisation benefits from high performance from all of its workforce
- Ensuring that all of our HR processes lead to accurate workforce data that supports the monthly payroll process
- Creating and communicating workforce data that allows the organisation to lead and make decisions based on relevant and up to date information
- Ensuring that our advertising and recruitment processes are inclusive and attract and retain the best possible workforce for the delivery of our strategy
- Delivering the best possible HR advice to all levels of leadership in the organisation
- Using your extensive knowledge of HR law to advise change leaders to create the most effective organisational change programmes
- Contributing to the development of the pay and reward strategy of the organisation to ensure that the workforce that is fairly paid
- Working closely with the Head of Learning & Organisational Development and Head of Business Planning to create an aligned leadership team that leads the overall HR & Development team to deliver our work plans
- Ensuring that all of our record keeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- Reviewing and updating our employment contracts and policies
- Understanding the unique roles and responsibilities, strategic goals and delivery plans throughout the organisation to provide a proactive HR service
Essential skills and experience
- CIPD qualification or able to show equivalent ability through work experience
- Sound knowledge of HR Law to give professional advice
- Significant HR experience in an operational environment and experience of creating HR policy
- Knowledge of the RSPB and its mission
- Experience of leading and developing a team of specialists leading to high performance and a positive culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and build partnerships both in and outside of the organisation
- Collaboration skills to build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts
- Project management skills and an understanding of project management frameworks to plan and manage risks, costs, and time in project delivery
- Experience of leading change
- Experience of setting standards and managing systems to provide HR business information
Closing date: 23:59, 1 February 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.