Head of Online Content
Salary: £40,800.00 - £49,725.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
We’re looking for someone to lead our online content team, to guide and inspire them to make brilliant RSPB content every day. We have a highly engaged community of RSPB followers and supporters, we have brilliant assets at our fingertips, and we have a hungry new team ready to make great content. All we are missing is a leader to bring it all together to make the RSPB a leading light in digital charity communications.
You'll be responsible for setting the standards for the RSPB’s online creative direction. Along with our Head of brand and lead creative, you will be ultimately responsible for the creative quality of the RSPB’s online content across all channels, and will guide and inspire your team to make great work for the right reasons.
You will also be responsible for redefining our digital content approach. You’ll know how to engage our digital communities and will set guide the strategy to reach them in the right way at the right time. You will also be in charge of selling that vision to the wider organisation, to engage and influence the people who make decisions at the RSPB.
Heading up a team of 16, you will foster a happy team who love coming to work every day. You will know how to get the best out of your people, and will extol the virtues of your team to the wider organisation, to sell the vision of what the online content team can deliver.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Creative excellence: You know what makes great content and have a proven track record of launching both digital campaigns and creating always-on content that cuts through the noise.
- Content marketing knowledge: You’ll have a wealth of experience in ideating, creating and promoting content which stands out, and know how to best communicate with our audiences to build love, loyalty and activism for the RSPB, and increase financial donations.
- Leadership: You will be charged with bringing together a new team of 16 people and inspiring them to do brilliant work.
- Paid advertising: Whilst not accountable for paid advertising you will have extensive knowledge of it, and you understand the value of digital marketing to an organisation. You understand the key performance metrics, and will push your team to evaluate each activity to improve our advertising creative in the future.
- Relationship building: A large part of your role will be working with other teams to get things done. You’ve got excellent people skills, and you know how to work collaboratively to get to a brilliant result for all involved.
The is a permanent full time role which can be delivered from home or an RSPB Office/Reserve.
Closing date: 23:59, 16 May 2021
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.