Head of Projects and Programmes
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £40,800 - £45,263 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, with a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers across all 4 countries of the UK, the RSPB has an ambitious programme of work transforming its approach to saving nature.
Recognising that people are at the heart of delivering this, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to lead our People Programme. You will lead a team of project managers to deliver the organisational workforce and leadership changes that is described in our newly designed RSPB Strategy that defines who we are and what we will deliver over the next 10 years.
You will have responsibility for leading your team, and engaging and influencing widely across the RSPB, to deliver complex cross organisational programmes and projects. You will ensure that projects and programmes are fully defined, establish effective project teams, and ensure the best outcomes for people and nature are delivered on time and on budget. You will use a range of project techniques to respond to a variety of opportunities and challenges and will coach and support your team to constantly develop and improve.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Programme management skills, with the ability to successfully manage complex programmes, managing risks, cost, time, and project teams.
- Demonstrable ability to manage changes within programmes
- Visible, inspiring, and effective leadership of direct teams, with the ability to engage and lead virtual teams without line management authority.
- Diplomacy, collaboration, and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence others, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and ability to understand financial systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and represent the organisation.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to design programmes in response to organisational strategy.
- Ability to deliver organisational and cultural change.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role; however, we are open to applications from candidates looking to fulfil this contract flexibly for 30-37.5 hours per week, pro-rata.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd December 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from January 2022.
To Apply and for more information:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please.