Head of Transformation, People, Organisation and Workforce
Salary: £58,181.00 - £64,545.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual leave, Flexible Working
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity and one of the UK’s most recognised charities, with a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers across all 4 countries of the UK, the RSPB has an ambitious programme of work transforming its approach to saving nature.
Recognising that people are the heart of delivering this we have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the RSPB’s leadership team.
Reporting to the Executive Director of People, you will play a leading role in shaping and delivering the RSPB’s organisational, workforce and leadership change programme.
The successful candidate will lead a team of programme and project managers to exemplify a culture that consistently improves change capability across the organisation. Through this team you will deliver the organisational workforce and leadership changes that are described in our newly designed RSPB Strategy that defines who we are and what we will deliver over the next 10 years.
You will have responsibility for heading up the People Directorate’s ‘Transformation’ team which runs several projects and programmes designed to ensure the RSPB has the right workforce, capabilities, behaviours and structures to deliver its mission. The role also includes leadership of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team.
You will work alongside other senior leaders in the RSPB, as well as be an important part of the leadership team of the People Directorate which includes the Executive Director, People, the Head of Human Resources and Development, Head of Volunteering and Employee Engagement, Head of Health, Safety and Environment and Head of Facilities Management.
2021 is an exciting year for the RSPB, we have a new strategy alongside implementing new ways of working following the global pandemic. The incumbent will play a key role in enabling the RSPB to achieve its strategic ambitions through its people, organisation and workforce and building on the success of its last People Strategy.
Key Result Areas
- Contribute to delivering the RSPB strategy, particularly with regard to the RSPB’s organisation, workforce and leadership aspects of strategy.
- Lead the People Transformation Department– which involves directing the planning, prioritisation and future development of objectives and its specialist team
- Lead the RSPB’s Organisation, Workforce and Leadership Portfolio Board (as Portfolio Executive) which involves working collaboratively with Board Sponsors (Executive Director or People and Executive Director of Finance and Governance) other members of the Portfolio Board and other Portfolio Board Executives to plan and deliver objectives
- Leadership of the organisation’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team (which includes EDI specialists).
- Develop high level, strategic and collaborative internal and external relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the RSPB is represented, and corporate aims are delivered, while also securing support for the organisation and nature.
- Demonstrate leadership by creating a vision, inspiring engagement and enabling teams to achieve their goals; proactively develop them, take an interest in their future aspirations, support them through coaching and mentoring.
- Set and model expected behaviour and performance to ensure that RSPB targets, culture and competency frameworks are delivered.
Experience we are looking for
- Experience of leading and delivering major transformation and change in a complex environment through people, preferably within a portfolio structure of governance.
- Leadership experience working collaboratively across an organisation with other senior leaders, using your influencing skills to build credibility and support.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of specialists leading to high performance and a positive culture consistent with our values.
- Leadership and people management skills to motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance
- High level communication skills to present, influence and represent the organisation
- Collaboration skills to build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts
- Business management skills to understand strategy, business functions and decision making
- Strategic business planning to ensure all relevant parts of the organisation work in harmony to deliver organisational success
- A strong commitment to, and an understanding of, how equality, diversity and inclusion enables an organisation to be successful
- Educated to degree level or relevant high-level experience to effectively communicate complex messages and use management information to undertake responsibilities.
- CIPD or equivalent qualifications are desirable
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date: 23:59, 18 May 2021
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.