This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual to influence the future of marine nature conservation and restoration, working for the largest wildlife charity in Europe, based at our Scottish Headquarters in Edinburgh.
Marine Policy Officer
Location: RSPB Scotland HQ – Edinburgh
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Seabirds are under pressure and urgent action is needed to protect and recover Scotland’s coasts and seas. You will help us secure major gains for nature by helping develop, advocate and secure the legal and policy frameworks needed to drive nature's recovery in Scotland and beyond. Particular areas of focus will be the regulation of fisheries and the creation and management of Marine Protected Areas.
You will join at a critical time for Scotland and will help place restoring the health of the seas high on the political agenda and at the heart of tackling the nature and climate emergency. We are looking for a passionate conservationist, with excellent topic knowledge and the ability to analyse complex issues in a fast paced environment.
The post holder will need to be able to travel regularly to Edinburgh and occasionally to other locations in Scotland.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Able to analyse complex issues in a fast paced environment.
- Able to negotiate with and influence others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills e.g. professional, persuasive, engaging.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Able to manage projects effectively.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- An understanding of environment/biodiversity policy, in particular the policy area relevant to the role.
- Working understanding of UK/EU/global institutions where relevant to environment/biodiversity policy, in particular the policy area relevant to the role.
- An understanding of the role of public facing communications/campaigns in supporting policy advocacy.
- Experience of operating in a policy and/or advocacy role.
This is a Permanent, Full Time role.
Closing date: 23:59, 19 September 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 27th September 2021.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.