Location: Dearne Valley - Old Moor
Hours: Part Time role 7.5 hours per week (one day a week)
Salary: £17,960.00 - £19,925.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
Duration: 12 months
What’s this role?
RSPB Old Moor is a wetland wildlife reserve in South Yorkshire, within easy reach of local communities and a great place for people of all ages to discover wildlife. We have secured funding from the NLHF (National Lottery Heritage Fund) for a programme of events and activities and we need your help to increase our reach!
As our marketing assistant, you can put the skills and knowledge learnt in your marketing qualification to practice. This flexible part-time role (one day a week) offers a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking to begin a marketing career to gain experience by working for the UK’s largest wildlife conservation charity.
What will I be doing?
- Market and promote the reserve and it’s activity plan, part of our NLHF project, to engage with visitors and the communities, using social media, online communication, blogs, press releases, flyers and posters. This will raise the profile of RSPB Old Moor and help it become known as a great day out and a place to visit.
- Collaborate with colleagues to set and implement a detailed marketing delivery plan that ensures events are publicised well and in a timely manner in order to increase income and membership.
- Work with your line manager to allocate the marketing budget and evaluate spending.
- Attend events and activities so you can better promote them. You might gather feedback or take photos to continually improve the quality of events and events marketing.
Who would suit this role?
- Are you a current or recent graduate keen to kick start your career? This entry level role is designed and funded to provide industry experience for an individual seeking experience for a career in publicity and marketing.
- Someone who can applying marketing knowledge and techniques to meet Old Moor’s needs
- Someone with excellent working knowledge of social media and online platforms (for example Twitter and Facebook) and able to create engaging content to use them as a marketing and promotional tool.
- You will be able to communicate in a clear manner at many levels to develop shared understanding.
- Someone who sees the value of the RSPB’s mission to save nature in order to communicate that in marketing.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent entry level opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised charity
- Apply your marketing knowledge to make a positive and measurable difference
- Induction and regular line manager support. Internal training courses via iLearn.
- One day per week (7.5 hours) based at the reserve with flexibility around your course.
- Salary at National Living wage.
- References to enhance future job applications.
What’s the RSPB?
The RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) is the largest conservation charity in the UK. We manage nature reserves throughout the UK and campaign to protect wildlife. A key part of our mission is engaging with people on our reserve through events and activities.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, 18 September 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form to evidence of how your meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
No agencies please.