This role is a great opportunity for a driven and talented Project and Programme Specialist to join our Portfolio Office Team. You will have experience in supporting Project and Programme Managers (P2Ms), and a track record of training and assurance in project and programme methodologies.
Portfolio Office Specialist (Fixed-Term)
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 24 days Annual Leave
Duration: 12 months
Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential as you build and manage relationships with projects, programmes and leadership teams across the RSPB. Excellent attention to detail, organisation skills and time management are essential attributes, alongside a logical and methodical way of working.
You will be required to work to your own initiative with clear priorities and work programmes established. You will have the flexibility to work from home or from any number of offices (when safe to do so).
What’s the role about?
The focus of the role will be to act as a key point of contact, supporting project and programme managers in the organisation, maintaining and developing our project management framework alongside testing, training, support, and assurance.
You will be started at an exciting time as we refresh our project management methodology and implement a new P3MS system. You will also play a key role in the change management activities required to embed the methodology and system in the organisation
Other key result areas for the role will include:
- Work with other staff/external parties to embed existing and new techniques, processes and systems to enhance project and programme success
- Provide technical expertise and analysis of the external context within projects and programmes to ensure standards/guidance as well as strategy/priorities are developed in line with business need and industry trends.
- Contribute to the definition of and ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, organisational policy & frameworks and best P2M standards.
- Contribute to effective stakeholder management that facilitates collaborative external and internal relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the management and operation of small projects/programmes of work within a specialism/discipline and contribution to the delivery of projects/programmes of work.
- Contribute to development of expertise provided to the business, monitoring external developments identifying risks and opportunities in order to facilitate continuous improvement in delivery of the RSPB’s strategy.
- Develop own skills and capabilities within project and programme management to achieve high performance, celebrating successes and promoting the RSPB’s values and positive culture at all times.
- Monitor and review the work of peers and occasionally contractors and external parties, to deliver project/operational work and ensure quality standards and best practices are met.
What we need from you:
We need someone who is highly organised, self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail and can work to tight deadlines. The role will involve working collaboratively with internal teams including project, programme and portfolio boards and leadership teams, ensuring they have relevant knowledge of project, programme and portfolio management.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate experience of successfully supporting project and programme managers, providing support, insight and assurance.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Initiative and judgement to resolve problems independently and/or through the Portfolio Office team.
- Understanding of relevant Project and Programme management policies and procedures relative to the role, and the quality outputs and standards required.
- Breadth of knowledge in project and programme management
- Detailed knowledge and experience of specialist software, best practices and methodologies relevant to project and programme management
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with peers and colleagues.
- Expertise with relevant P2M methodologies.
- Ability to influence others and explain / discuss concepts and ideas.
- Financial skills, sufficient to monitor expenditure, where appropriate
- Experience of and ability to understand, conceptualise and interpret the technical requirements of staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of working independently and resolving unforeseen issues and challenges.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities within industry guidelines or organisational policy, occasionally applying initiative and independent judgement.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role.
This is a fixed-term, Full Time role for 12 months.
Closing date: 23:59, 30 January 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 14th February 2022.
To Apply and for more information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.