Project Manager – Transformation (Fixed-Term)
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £28,420 - £31,529 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Duration: Fixed Term for 12 months, Full Time
We are seeking a talented project manager join our Transformation team, delivering key projects and programmes to transform the way the RSPB works, embed equality, diversity and inclusion and improve our culture.
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, with a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers across all 4 countries of the UK, the RSPB has an ambitious programme of work transforming its approach to saving nature. Part of this is ensuring that we have the right structures, systems, values and people in place to help us collectively perform at our best and respond appropriately to a rapidly changing world. As a result, we have recently initiated significant change programmes to transform our ways of working, embed equality, diversity and inclusion within the organisation, and improve our culture.
Recognising that people are at the heart of delivering this, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented project manager to join our Transformation team. Reporting to the Head of Projects and Programmes, the successful candidate will lead projects within a large integrated programme and project management team, joining a team of project professionals, including volunteers who deliver organisational wide change across the RSPB.
What’s the role about?
You’ll be responsible for delivering key projects and change initiatives across the UK that will support the RSPB 2030 strategy and the Organisation, Workforce and Leadership (OWL) portfolio vision. All projects will have a multitude of interdependencies and stakeholders that will need to be effectively managed. As an experienced and proactive Project Manager, you’ll be used to working at pace, managing a number of projects and ensuring that they are planned and delivered to time, quality and cost.
The role can be performed remotely, with some occasional travel to RSPB offices when required. The role holder can be based anywhere in the UK and the role is available full time for 37.5 hours a week. However, we welcome applications for those looking for different working patterns, and are happy to discuss further with interested candidates.
We value and understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds within our workforce. We strongly encourage applications from members of minority groups and all sections of the community.
Key activities will include:
- Managing a number of concurrent projects across departments and countries
- Working with stakeholders from across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You’ll manage and maintain their support and engagement throughout your project's lifecycle and highlight emerging risks and issues, advising on mitigation, to the appropriate project board
- Communicating and engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at a variety of levels. You will be confident in articulating project needs with Senior Management to drive and manage positive change
- Managing all interdependencies between the project and departments/teams that will be impacted as a result of the change
What we need from you:
As a project manager in the Transformation team you will work alongside project management colleagues developing and delivering projects to meet the RSPB’s strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of leading on the development and delivery of projects using a standard project management framework e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, RSPB Project Management Framework
- Have experience of stakeholder management. You should be confident persuading and influencing a wide range of people at all levels in the organisation
- Be able to demonstrate where you have worked collaboratively across an organisation with colleagues from different departments
- Be comfortable with managing multiple projects to tight deadlines and be able to adapt to changing circumstances
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of managing multiple projects to time, cost and quality
- Experience of working with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of effectively communicating change across an organisation
- Experience of project delivery using a standard project management framework e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, RSPB Project Management Framework
- Experience of owning, updating and reporting against a project plan
- Experience of proactive issue resolution, and risk management
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- A project management qualification – e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner, APM, Agile
- Experience of organisational wide delivery
- Experience of agile project management
- Experience of managing a project team, including 3rd party suppliers/partners
- Experience of building robust business cases and knowledge of financial project management
- Experience of contributing to and sharing of project management or change management best practice
- Experience and knowledge of applying the principles of RSPB Governance & Risk
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing Date: 23:59, Mon, 24th Jul 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from late July 2022.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.