We are looking for a flexible individual to support the retail team as we emerge from Covid restrictions and welcome back more visitors.
Part-Time Retail Assistant
Location: Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
Salary: £9.21 - £10.21 Per Hour
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Pulborough Brooks is a busy reserve in West Sussex with a mix of habitats that is home to a wide variety of birds and other wildlife. As a retail assistant, you will provide exceptional customer service to the visitors to RSPB Pulborough Brooks. You will be friendly and welcoming with good product knowledge and a proactive attitude.
You will work as part of our retail team offering excellent customer service to our reserve visitors. You will have excellent customer service skills, and experience working in a retail environment.
Key tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Opening and closing the shop
- Serving customers and giving product advice
- Stock rotation and merchandising
- Promoting offers and loyalty card scheme
- Working with volunteers
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Sound computer literacy
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team
- GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working at a retail environment/visitor attraction
- Experience of working in a sales background
- Retail certificate
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Merchandising skills
- Till operation and payment handling
This is a permanent, part-time contract for a minimum of 7.5 hours a week, with the option of up to 37.5 hours at peak times and to cover holidays. Weekend and Bank Holiday working is essential, but you will not be required to work evenings.
Closing date: 23:59, 24 October 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 1st November 2021.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for position.
No agencies please.