The Facilities Management & Logistics Department has four functional teams all working to ensure people can be their very best at work in safe, effective, and compliant workplaces, maintaining operational effectiveness, contributing to staff engagement and environmental performance. The four teams include Fleet, Maintenance, Facilities Management and Logistics.
Security & Facilities Assistant
Location: RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
We have an exciting and new opportunity for an organised and adaptable individual to join our Facilities & Security Team at the UKHQ, in Sandy, Beds.
What’s the role about?
Reporting to the Principal Facilities Administrator, you will play an important part in day-to-day security and site management matters. Working closely with the Security Co-ordinator to ensure effective site security and minimise security risk at all times.
Duties will include monitoring all security equipment on site and to ensure compliance with security processes including management of the Access card system. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the UKHQ First Aid and Fire Evacuation requirements, ensuring compliance with Codes of Practice and Legislation and for arranging relevant First Aid and Fire training as required, as well as acting as a nominated site First Aider.
Other duties include assisting the Facilities Management and Lodge Logistics teams with office site duties, including general administrative activities, raising purchase orders, dealing with post and office refurbishment and moves.
This will be a varied role where you will be working across the department to help and support the teams in their every day work.
What we need from you
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience.
- At least 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of document management and team collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of budget management terminology and processes
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences whether by phone, email or in person.
- Able to make the best use of time particularly when under pressure from competing priorities, prioritising and delegating tasks effectively, during periods of both low and high demand.
- Able to negotiate and influence effectively.
- Able to identify and act on opportunities for continually improving ways of working.
- Able to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Experience of providing administrative support within a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of office management and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Experience of liaising with staff at all levels in external organisations, particularly to support partnership working.
- Must hold a driving licence
- Knowledge of security systems
- Manual handling experience
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience.
- At least two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications.
- Institute of Facilities Management qualification/Security Qualification
- Knowledge of current conservation issues and priorities.
- Experience of complying with health and safety codes of practice.
- Experience of recruiting and line managing administrative staff and/or volunteers.
- Familiarity with project management approaches.
- Health & Safety knowledge
- First Aid and Fire Regulation knowledge
This is a Permanent Full Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date: 23:59, 28 January 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 2nd February 2022.
To Apply and for more information:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.