Senior Legal Advisor – Conservation Investment
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000 - £42,156 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Corporate and Legal Services Team, part of Corporate Governance & Risk Department, is looking for a Senior Legal Advisor to join the team. To provide advice in such areas as conservation investment including carbon credits, corporate governance and compliance, law and regulation, to ensure the RSPB is protected, complies with regulation and mitigates risk.
What's the role about?
This role will involve the following key activities.
- To provide advice and support on conservation investment including carbon credits.
- To maintain and update appropriate books, registrations, notifications and documentation for the RSPB and its subsidiary entities
- To protect its properties and interests and to ensure compliance with regulatory timetables and requirements.
- When required assist with matters in relation to data protection including to be able to identify the legal implications of new activities, initiatives, systems and processes including websites, ensuring all existing and new systems are legally compliant. Administer and deliver requests in relation to Data Subjects Rights, including Data Protection Subject Access Requests in liaison with colleagues throughout the RSPB at the request of the Data Subject, in order to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Prepare materials or guide the preparation of materials for internal and external auditors to ensure that a fair, accurate and comprehensive vision of RSPB’s compliance processes can be provided.
- To assist with investigations into complaints about breaches of relevant legislation, undertake reporting/remedial action as required, and maintain a log of any incidents and remedial recommendations and actions to ensure continuous improvement and organizational learning.
- Duties will include drafting and providing, reviewing and advising on legal documents including policies, advice notes, procedures, deeds, contracts, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), miscellaneous agreements, templates and specimen documents, for colleagues throughout the RSPB to ensure that legal risks are appropriately identified, managed and reviewed in a timely manner, and especially as part of the process of project and programme set-up and execution.
- Disseminate information and conduct training, including development, implementation and maintenance of guidelines and facilitation, for colleagues throughout the RSPB to ensure that the best use is made of the capabilities offered by the team where necessary and that colleagues have access to supporting materials at all times.
- Research, identify and interpret new legislation, regulation, and codes of practice, to provide the RSPB with a forward view of emerging requirements.
- On occasion will advise on intellectual property rights.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Individuals must have a legal qualification (law degree or other qualification) and/or experience in a relevant legal field (practitioner/solicitor/barrister in England & Wales or Northern Ireland).
- Experience of working in the charitable sector or in a compliance role would be advantageous but is not necessary.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Additional education at degree level or equivalent in another subject
Closing Date: 23:59, Mon, 11th Jul 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from mid to late July 2022.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.