Senior Site Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: Titchwell Marsh
Salary: £36,604.00 - £40,608.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: Maternity Cover
Our client a nature conservation charity are looking to recruit a maternity cover role of Senior Sites Manager for their North West Norfolk reserves in the Norfolk and Lincolnshire Area Team, one of 12 operational areas in England. This role is a great opportunity to use and develop your leadership and management skills across a broad spectrum of the charity’s operational activity on four reserves. You will lead a team working to deliver ecological land management, high quality visitor operations and driving a number of related medium/large projects to enhance the reserves for both wildlife and people
Sitting at the heart of their Wash and North Norfolk Priority Landscape our client has four nature reserves in North West Norfolk. These reserves are home to many priority species throughout the year. They provide wonderful opportunities to share the amazing bird spectacles of the coast with visitors throughout the year and turn these experiences into support.
The North West Norfolk reserves team are engaged in several medium and large projects including:
- Plovers in Peril, working with community volunteers to engage the public to protect beach nesting birds for which this coast is nationally important;
- The Titchwell Freshwater habitats enhancement project; and
- Titchwell Visitor Infrastructure reinvestment project.
You will be leading a team comprising, two Wardens, Assistant Warden, Administrator/Facilities Manager, Catering Manager, Retail Manager, Visitor Operations Manager, Visitor Experience Manager, 2 Retail Assistants, 2 Catering Assistants, Centre Assistant, 2 Cleaners, Kick Start placement, seasonal Plovers in Peril Project Officer, Residential Volunteers and around 60 volunteers. A Conservation Officer, not line managed by this post, is allocated to the priority landscape.
Key deliverables of the role
- You will lead the vision and direction for four reserves, through the production and delivery of five-year reserve management plans in order to deliver site objectives
- You will lead and develop the reserves management team to effectively deliver site objectives and recruit manage and develop staff to effectively perform and deliver these objectives
- You will oversee and coordinate the effective and compliant delivery of operations across the four reserves to deliver objectives for biodiversity, and to maximise visitor experience and income potential and support
- You will develop and manage the budget to ensure financial compliance and delivery of the charity’s objectives
- Work actively with colleagues e.g. Fundraising and Communications to secure external grant income and ensure compliance with eternal funder requirements
- You will take responsibility for the safe and compliant management of all site operations, overseeing systems such that risks are adequately controlled
- You will work actively with the Land Agency team to ensure that the reserve estate and buildings are well maintained safe, secure and risk free at all times.
This post will be based in the Titchwell reserve office, with scope for remote home-working.
Key activities will include:
- Leading the vision and direction for the charity’s North West Norfolk Reserves through production and delivery of reserve management plans and development and delivery of large and medium sized projects
- Leading and developing the reserve team to deliver objectives, including recruiting, managing and developing staff
- Developing and managing the reserve team budget effectively to deliver objectives
- Working actively with colleagues to secure external income and ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Being the main point of contact with the local community to build and maintain good relations
- Taking responsibility for the safe and complaint management of reserve operations, working with colleagues to ensure risks are managed and estate and buildings are well maintained
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven skills in managing people and leading a team
- Relevant conservation, ecological and land management experience of key species and habitats
- Proven experience of developing and managing ambitious projects
- Experience of managing budgets
- A proven track record of managing large and complex sites and delivering multiple objectives
- Contract management experience
- Proven ability to work in partnership and with communities
- Proven ability to manage risks, compliance and health and safety on sites
Desirable skills, experience and qualification:
- Experience of running visitor operations
Closing date: 23:59, 19 September 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
As part of this application process, you will be asked to complete an application form to evidence of how your meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.