Strategic Digital Content Planner
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,156.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
What's the role about?
We're looking for an experienced ‘Digital Content Planner’ to join the UK's largest conservation charity. Someone who will bring efficiency to our complex organisation but understands the need to adapt when timely opportunities arise. This a unique chance to help make sure our online channels are inspiring, educating and ultimately driving audiences to act for nature.
You'll be a dynamic, organised and methodical content planner with a passion for integrated digital communication and its pivotal role in delivering business results. You'll join our online content team who are a strategic and delivery partner to the wider organisation within the fundraising and communications directorate. We’re a team of experts in content strategy, web and email content management, video and motion graphics, copywriting and social media. Our key partners are our digital product owners, UXD, PR, media, communication, and creative colleagues, working collaboratively to deliver outstanding content.
You will be intellectually curious, creative, and resilient, passionate about technology and digital media, comfortable working in a fast-moving culture, managing cross-functional projects, and excited to build new practices in collaboration with others. You will understand the challenges facing the digital media industry and the trends impacting consumer behaviour. You will have a keen interest in the protection of species and wildlife and be driven to support positive action for nature.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Be the guardian of our content planning, helping to identify and shape what’s on the horizon, working closely with the senior content team to communicate plans with the wider team.
- Identify stakeholder opportunities and high-potential briefs, activating cross-functional support to deliver efficiency and value to content delivery.
- Confidently articulate the value and strategic role of online content and our broad range of digital products. Working closely with digital product owners, UXD, data, QA and digital development to bring our strategic goals to life.
- Be a trusted partner to the communications team, building relationships with account management and planning partners to ensure briefs are clear and we are working to the same goals.
- Manage our content strategy team, making sure audience and data insight is at the heart of our content planning.
- Champion digital and technology. Ensuring a digital first culture is embedded within all communication and marketing activities where relevant.
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to ensure your recommendations are supporting their vision and long-term objectives, leverages on learnings, and drives organisation growth.
- Good data driven understanding of audience needs and shape insights into strategic opportunities
- Understanding requirements of paid and owned media and full funnel holistic campaigns, including paid and owned touch-points
- Previous experience working in a digital or media agency
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with Jira project management software
- Previous experience working in a charity
Closing date: 23:59, Monday, 13th June 2022
Interviews for this position will be conducted on 22nd June 2022
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.