Supporter Advisor – Membership
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary: £18,250 - £20,246 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Do you love nature? Do you enjoy engaging with the public? Are you looking for a role where you can utilise your customer service skills to have inspiring conversations and talk about the great work the RSPB is doing to save nature? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
The RSPB Supporter Services team is a dedicated supporter facing team, working continuously to meet the needs of 1.2 million RSPB members, supporters, and the public; dealing with up to a quarter of a million questions, and actions each year through various contact channels including phone, email and increasingly through social media.
What's the role about?
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Supporter Advisor to join our fantastic team at RSPB HQ in Sandy.
This role plays an essential part in generating and retaining ongoing support for the RSPB, so that we can continue to carry out our vital conservation work. We need someone who understands the importance of customer care and can provide an excellent level of customer service, even under pressure. You need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, be able to work well as part of a team and thrive working in a dynamic, high profile environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service, with an interest in conservation and nature, to develop their administrative and customer service skills with the UK’s largest nature conservation charity.
What we need from you:
Supporter Advisors (Membership) provide consistent and enthusiastic front-line support, pertinent information, complaint resolution and advice to existing and prospective supporters, addressing potentially sensitive issues, managing reputational risk, and enhancing the Supporter Experience by developing conversations to acquire, retain, cross –sell and promote both financial and non-financial support for the RSPB's ongoing work to save nature.
The successful applicant may also be expected to work flexibly to provide ad hoc support to the Wildlife Enquiries team during times of high demand.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- RSPBs mission and its various products and memberships.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Gift Aid and the associated business rules.
- Experience in working within a dynamic, customer facing and high-profile environment.
- Experience of Complaint handling and customer care: Able to develop positive relationships with Supporters including those providing negative feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of MS Office packages and Supporter Databases.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer service role in the charity or conservation sector
- Is self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Experience / capable of cross selling and up selling to customers.
- Able to manage own workload with high degrees of flexibility to match customer demand.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, planning, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Able to work quickly and under pressure during supporter phone calls with complex databases, systems, financial software, and online portals.
- Empathy in communications with recently bereaved supporters and In Memoriam support
- Knowledge of UK Birds and other wildlife
This is a permanent, full-time vacancy.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th December 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from mid-January 2022.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this position, and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please.