Visitor Experience Area Consultant (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
Duration: Maternity Cover
This role will cover: North West England & Scotland
This is a maternity cover for up to 12 months contract working 37.5 per week
We showcase nature and people thriving together where nature lives….
To achieve a world where all people are living harmoniously alongside nature; the RSPB must broaden its appeal and enable more diverse people to act for nature.
We inspire everyone to thrive harmoniously alongside the natural world by offering inclusive, memorable, and emotive, nature-based experiences, enhancing the lives of our visitors, wildlife, and special places we protect.
Our Nature Reserves are windows into the wildlife and habitats we are fighting to protect. They showcase the wonderful conservation work we’re delivering, and should inspire, enable, and empower everyone to play their part in the fight against the nature and climate emergency.
We are looking for someone who will provide leadership in visitor experience, ensuring a world class experience across RSPB nature reserves for everyone.
We are creating a new strategy for new ways to engage and excite our audiences through innovative events and experiences across RSPB nature reserves. We are looking for someone with expertise in creating amazing visitor offers and striving for excellence across visitor operations. We would welcome applications from the cultural arts, visitor attraction and tourism sectors to spearhead this new approach to our annual events and experiences programme across our nature reserves.
- Set the expected standards on reserves for visitor experience providing direction to underpin a high-quality visitor offer and a consistent experience on our nature reserves – leading on profitability, exemplary customer service and infrastructure; ensuring reserves are front and centre of RSPB brand.
- Drive the implementation of the visitor experience strategy across allocated geographical areas. Working collaboratively with nature reserve teams, you will support them in achieving their ambitions. This role will also work closely with country and central teams.
- Create a step change in our third-party programme delivery across our nature reserves, someone who can collaborate and negotiate with external businesses and organisations in any third-party activity that is delivered on site is profitable for the RSPB and builds positive working relationship with partners. This is an exciting opportunity to help us shape the visitor experience for everyone visiting our nature reserves.
- Provide consultancy support to RSPB nature reserves in shaping the visitor experience and deliver strategy across teams.
- Be a leader, working collaboratively across UK countries and departments, with a broad skillset who will support nature reserve teams across the UK in achieving their ambitions.
What we want to see:
- Expertise in visitor experience/operations/engagement to position RSPB nature reserves as world class visitor destinations, following our vision of being the UK’s leading choice for nature experiences.
- The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of visitor attractions, tourism, or public engagement and how to and how to plan and deliver events, as well as working with external parties to achieve this, whilst having excellent commercial knowledge. We are looking for someone with a broad skillset who is willing to drive this area of visitor experience and support RSPB nature reserves in achieving their ambitions.
- Using your expertise and your excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, you are able to produce effective guidance, support and toolkits for reserves in their planning as well as leading on national initiatives working with external parties.
What you can expect:
- A supportive, dynamic, and high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- The chance to lead and get involved with exciting new plans to support our nature reserves in a step change in how we drive visits, create amazing experiences connecting people to nature and making a real difference in ensuring the protection of our incredible places for wildlife and people.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across all four countries of the United Kingdom and get closer to our amazing wildlife, all while you play your part in safeguarding its future.
No two days are the same! We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to travel. Some days you will be based at home or in the office, others you will be visiting some of the most beautiful places in the UK.
Closing date: 23:59, 06 September 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.