We are looking for a confident and passionate public relations manager to help us in our fight to improve the welfare of farmed animals.
As a valued member of our agile marketing team, you will play a vital role in helping us create awareness and understanding of a range of farm animal welfare issues and promote our ethical food label.
About the role
As part of the UK's largest animal welfare charity, RSPCA Assured deals with a wide range of complex and challenging farm animal welfare issues and many different stakeholders with competing views.
Our public relations manager must be able to react swiftly and confidently to high profile media enquiries and manage RSPCA Assured's reputation. You must be ready to help us tell our story and promote the amazing work of the organisation in an engaging and compelling way.
You'll be responsible for managing key public relations activities and writing copy for our press materials, website and other communications. You'll also undertake other essential daily public relations-related tasks, including providing advice to the leadership team and other senior stakeholders.
The public relations manager will help us achieve our strategic goal of becoming the most trusted animal assurance provider in the UK and the first choice amongst those shoppers concerned about farm animal welfare.
The role holder will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Deputising for the senior public relations manager in their absence.
- Advising the leadership team and senior RSPCA collagues on media relations matters related to farm animals.
- Preparing press releases, statements, Q&As and other materials.
- Briefing and preparing staff for proactive and reactive media interviews.
- Managing our relationship with our case study farms and related media activities.
- Overseeing engagement with bloggers and social media influencers.
They will also support the senior public relations manager and other members of the marketing team with:
- Developing and implementing an annual plan to secure positive press coverage of RSPCA Assured.
- Handling day to day media enquiries and opportunities, which may include some occasional, urgent out of hours cover.
- Proactively identifying, managing and implementing press and PR opportunities - both stand alone and to support other marketing projects.
- Researching and writing content for our website and social media channels.
- Handling social media and public enquiries, which may include occasional pre agreed out of hours cover.
You will have exemplary writing skills and experience producing content for both print and digial media, with excellent knowledge of what content works.
You will have excellent interperonsal skills and be able to advise a wide range of senior stakeholers on a range of media relations matters.
You will be able to absorb information on a range of often very technical and complex welfare issues and be able to accurately relay that information to other stakeholders in a simple and digestible format.
You will need to be organised and efficient as you will be managing a number of public relations activities on which you will be working with many other people as part of a team.
You will be passionate about improving the welfare of animals and share our charity values.
As part of the UK's largest animal welfare charity, RSPCA Assured is the only UK assurance provider solely dedicated to improving the welfare of millions of farmed animals.
Every year, our dedicated team of assessors inspect almost 4,000 hatcheries, farms, hauliers and abattoirs to make sure they meet strict RSPCA welfare standards - ensuring a better life for farmed animals from birth to slaughter.
The RSPCA Assured label on products makes it easy to spot products from animals that have had a better life so shoppers can feel confident and good about their choices.
What we can offer
Benefits for your peace of mind:
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Group income protection
Culture and lifestyle that supports you:
- Hybrid working - part home, part office
- Dogs at work
- Annual leave
- Employee assistance programme
Learning to develop you:
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Learning and development resources and courses
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.