We have an exciting opportunity for a Full time Branch Development Manager to join the team at RSPCA Cornwall. The RSPCA is dedicated to finding unwanted, mistreated and abused animals loving permanent homes. This is a newly created senior role, responsible for all staff and volunteers within the branch, our fostering and outreach programmes, plus retail and other income generation activities. We are looking for an outstanding leader with senior management experience, ideally gained in a variety of roles. You will share our passion to promote animal welfare, and drive changes to our operation that build financial sustainability whilst improving the services we provide to the community and to animals, and developing our people.
Main duties include:
- Working closely with the trustees to provide the strategic leadership and delivery necessary to ensure a sustainable future for the charity.
- Providing leadership to the staff and volunteer team to motivate, energise and enthuse, to seek continual improvement in service delivery and individual personal development.
- Overall responsibility for the Animal Centre, retail units, income generation, fostering and outreach.
- Ensuring compliance with RSPCA standards & policies, relevant legislation and best practice in the provision of branch animal welfare services
- Ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are developed, implemented and adhered to in compliance with the relevant legislation seeking guidance from Society staff as required.
- Preparing in conjunction with the Trustees, the annual branch budget and report; monitoring progress against branch objectives, ensuring that expenditure is within agreed limits and that income generation targets are achieved.
You will be based at the RSPCA Cornwall Animal Centre, but with regular travel throughout the branch area.
We would like to hear from candidates who can offer the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 year’s experience working at a senior management level
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of fundraising
- Extensive experience of managing teams of people
- Experience of leading team meetings
- At least 2 year’s experience of conducting annual appraisals and performance reviews
- Management experience at a senior level
- Ability to interpret financial statements
- Awareness of fundraising techniques
- Experience of managing teams of people
- Experience of actively contributing to meetings
Education and Training
- Level 4 or equivalent qualification in Business or Management
- GCSEs in English and Maths
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills appropriate to a Level 4 Business or Management qualification
Special Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills at all levels using a range of different communication media
- Proven ability to write reports suitable for the target audience
- Ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Excellent IT skills at user level
- Ability to interpret data
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety
- Experience of working in the Charity sector
- Good business acumen
- Creative thinker
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Able to work under pressure
- Understanding of the aims of the RSPCA
- A passion for animal welfare
- Ability to network with others
- Keen to learn and further develop
- Possession of a full UK driving licence
Please contact for an application form and job description.
Closing date: Friday 10th July 2020