Would you get a buzz from being part of a team of volunteers dedicated to helping animals in need, working mainly from home at a time that suits you?
The main duties include:
- To act as principal communications trustee managing and maintaining the administrative affairs of the branch.
- To act as main contact point for all branch communications with the national Society, the branch committee and the branch membership.
- Order and distribute RSPCA stationary, leaflets, posters and other fundraising and promotional material.
- Arrange branch meetings, usually 11 per year, there is no meeting in December, meetings generally last about 2 hours and are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Ensure all branch committee decisions are implemented and actions completed.
- Arrange the branch AGM Including the compilation and distribution of the annual report, nominations and agenda in line with the strict timetable laid down in the branch rules.
- Arrange the timely dissemination of the contents of all correspondence and literature received by the branch, ensuring availability to all committee members, and reply to all branch correspondence where necessary.
- Liaise with the Branch Support Specialist and group chief inspector and notify them of all branch meetings.
- Monitor the secretary email address, issue the newsletters, issue any one off appeals.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
Some times of the year are much busier than others. For example April when the Annual Report needs to be done, May when all the calling notices for the AGM need to be sent out and in June when everything needs to be prepared ready for the AGM
Location - Working from home with occasional visits to team meetings in Macclesfield, Congleton and Buxton areas (Please note - we are currently running all team meetings via video calls whilst being compliant to Covid restrictions).
Experience/skills required - Applicants will need to be able to prioritise/organise a workload, being tactful but clear, have basic computer skills, understanding confidentiality and working independently whilst keeping everyone informed and accept the ethos of the RSPCA. Training is available.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.