Do you have a passion for gardening? Are you good at fixing things? If yes, then volunteer for the RSPCA and help us make our Branch and Centres more inviting and comfortable for our animals.
Overview of opportunity
Working with the Branch staff and sometimes other volunteers, as a Gardening and Maintenance Volunteer, you will be helping us keep the Branch and its grounds looking spick and span for visitors. This essential role helps us maintain our facilities and free up vital funds which can then go towards helping animals in need.
About the RSPCA
Founded in 1824 we have been saving animals for almost 200 years and are proud to be the oldest welfare charity around. It has always been our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion, so our volunteers and employees work tirelessly to ensure that all animals can live free from pain and suffering.
Through our numerous campaigns, we seek to raise standards of care, and awareness of issues, affecting animals today. We rely heavily on our volunteers who play a significant role in enabling us to carry out this important animal welfare work every day!
The RSPCA Bridlington, Driffield & District Branch
The Bridlington, Driffield & District Branch is one of the branches of RSPCA, but we are also a separately registered charity looking after animals in our local area. Much of the animal welfare work of RSPCA is carried out through local branches, which is run by volunteers who have the support of the National Society of RSPCA.
Volunteer Gardening and Maintenance responsibilities
Assisting with a wide range of maintenance tasks including:
- Lawn mowing and strimming.
- Weeding, pruning and general maintenance of garden areas and borders.
What we are looking for in a Gardening and Maintenance volunteer
- Someone who is flexible and can offer an ongoing commitment of 2-3 hours per week.
- Willingness to pitch in, help out, and get your hands dirty
- Experience in a relevant trade is desirable but not essential.
- Some heavy lifting will be involved; however, H&S training is provided.
- Volunteers aged 18 or over.
What we can offer you as a Gardening and Maintenance volunteer
- You will be making a massive difference to the welfare of the animals in your area.
- Join a community which will enable you to meet new people and make new friends.
- Learning new skills through our comprehensive induction and training programme.
- Enhance your CV by adding your volunteering experience and newly acquired skills.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch!
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview and trial period. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees and dependant on the position you may be required to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.