Overview of opportunity
You will be in a vital role as a Grants Administrator as you will be supporting the Branch Treasurer by researching potential grant and sources of funding opportunities for the branch
About the RSPCA
Founded in 1824 we have been saving animals for almost 200 years and are proud to be the oldest welfare charity around. It has always been our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion, so our volunteers and employees work tirelessly to ensure that all animals can live free from pain and suffering.
Through our numerous campaigns, we seek to raise standards of care, and awareness of issues, affecting animals today. We rely heavily on our volunteers who play a significant role in enabling us to carry out this important animal welfare work every day!
The RSPCA RSPCA London East Branch
The RSPCA London East Branch is one of the branches of RSPCA, but we are also a separately registered charity looking after animals in our local area. Much of the animal welfare work of RSPCA is carried out through local branches, which is run by volunteers who have the support of the National Society of RSPCA.
Volunteer Grants Administrator responsibilities
- Research potential grant and sources of funding opportunities for the branch.
- Fill out applications for identified grant opportunities and track progress of process through to completion, noting any lessons learnt and providing periodic updates.
- Where possible, attending Financial Control and Reporting Sub-Committee meetings.
What we are looking for in a volunteer Grants Administrator
- Someone who is flexible and can offer an ongoing commitment of 3 hours a week during the evenings Monday – Sunday as well as during the afternoon at the weekend.
- Previous experience with grant applications would be desirable.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
What we can offer you as a volunteer Grants Administrator
- You will be making a massive difference to the welfare of the animals in your area.
- Join a community which will enable you to meet new people and make new friends.
- Enhance your CV by adding your volunteering experience and newly acquired skills.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch! To apply please click the ‘Apply on Website’ button at the top of the advert.