Overview of opportunity
You will be in a vital role as the Phone Communications Administrator, supporting the operations of the branch and interacting with a wide audience including branch trustees, volunteers, as well as members of the general public.
You will be volunteering with a dynamic group of branch trustees and volunteers.
About the RSPCA
Founded in 1824 we have been saving animals for almost 200 years and are proud to be the oldest welfare charity around. It has always been our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion, so our volunteers and employees work tirelessly to ensure that all animals can live free from pain and suffering.
Through our numerous campaigns, we seek to raise standards of care, and awareness of issues, affecting animals today. We rely heavily on our volunteers who play a significant role in enabling us to carry out this important animal welfare work every day!
The RSPCA RSPCA London East Branch
The RSPCA London East Branch is one of the branches of RSPCA, but we are also a separately registered charity looking after animals in our local area. Much of the animal welfare work of RSPCA is carried out through local branches, which is run by volunteers who have the support of the National Society of RSPCA.
Volunteer Phone Communications Administrator responsibilities
- Monitoring the Branch phone by answering phone calls, generally from members of the public and potential adopters or fosterers.
- Providing advice on appropriate action to be taken or process to be followed depending on query. You will be provided with specific training advising on what the appropriate course of action or process is for the most common types of query.
- Maintain schedule of question and query types received for the Branch’s records.
- Liaise with other Branch volunteers and trustees as appropriate.
What we are looking for in a volunteer Phone Communications Administrator
- Someone who is flexible and can offer an ongoing commitment of a total of 6 hours a week during afternoons and evenings throughout the week (including weekends).
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
What we can offer you as a volunteer Phone Communications Administrator
- You will be making a massive difference to the welfare of the animals in your area.
- Join a community which will enable you to meet new people and make new friends.
- Enhance your CV by adding your volunteering experience and newly acquired skills.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch! To apply please click the ‘Apply on Website’ button at the top of the advert.
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview and trial period. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees and dependant on the position you may be required to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.