Location: Southwater HQ (Temporarily based from home due to Covid-19)
Salary: circa £30,000 per annum
Closing date: Friday 30 October 2020
Are you a talented Senior Marketing Executive looking to use your direct marketing experience in an organisation whose cause you really care about? If you are, we can't wait to hear from you!
The RSPCA is the largest Animal Welfare charity in the UK. Every year thousands of animals suffer from neglect, cruelty and abuse. In the decade of our bicentenary, and operating in a world that's more complex and challenging than ever before, we¿re determined to continue increasing our reach, impact, and effectiveness.
The Legacy Marketing team is responsible for activities that recruit, convert and retain supporters growing and maintaining the Society's largest income stream. This role is vital to raising awareness and maximising response through mass direct marketing activities.
Working with the Legacy Marketing Manager, you will develop and implement strategic objectives and plans to maximise the potential income from new supporters to the RSPCA that will commit to leaving a gift in their Will.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing input on an annual basis into strategic and tactical planning.
- Identifying new opportunities for growth and making implementation recommendations.
- Activation of annual plans through the planning, development and implementation of
- supporter acquisition campaigns across all direct channels (including DRTV, digital, social, press, radio).
- Managing the marketing executive to ensure campaigns are delivered on time ensuring KPI's are achieved.
- Working with media agencies to plan effective campaigns that perform to the required targets.
- Managing agencies and external suppliers, from point of contract, ensuring they operate on behalf of the RSPCA to agreed principles and plans.
- Supporting the Legacy Marketing Manager (Recruitment) and working directly with the Senior Legacy Marketing Executive (Development) to ensure plans are in place to convert recruited supporters through to leaving a gift in their Will.
- Monitoring, report and analysing campaigns and sharing with stakeholders making recommendations for future activity.
- Manage, motivate, coach and direct your team to ensure they have the ability, skills and knowledge to perform their role as required. Includes setting objectives and regularly measuring against them, and introducing and maintaining performance management processes as required.
- Monitoring transfer of data, including confidential supporter information, between third party suppliers and the RSPCA website and the database.
- Experience of running direct marketing campaigns across multiple channels including Direct Response Television, Digital and Direct Mail.
- End to end marketing campaign management experience (planning, target setting, creative development, media targeting, print production, analysis).
- Budget management experience, including setting, monitoring and managing expenditure and income.
- Proven experience of managing supplier and agency relationships.
- People management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate and excellent attention to detail.
- A proven ability to analyse and interpret results and translate this analysis into action.
What's in it for you:
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a cover letter stating your suitability for the role to our Resourcing Team quoting reference SLME3876 by the closing date listed above.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we will be holding interviews mostly through Google Hangouts. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone's safety.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applications are received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fairemployment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.